• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best cricket photograph you've seen

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My favourite is one I can't find anywhere any more - but it involves Michael Vaughan playing forward in defence with his leg-stump in mid-air after being bowled by Dale Steyn I believe.
It may be that one - but I am pretty sure it is taken from the front.
It may look like the leg stump, but IIRC it was the off stump that is cartwheeling. Just appears to be the leg
If SBI is looking for Vaughan being bowled by Steyn that's not the one, because the Test that photo's taken from is in England. Steyn has bowled Vaughan once, in South Africa.

So if that's the one you're looking for it wasn't Steyn responsible for the delivery.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WoW, so they decided to publish it after all!
Wisden in fact wanted to select the photograph as the best of the 1990s in their millenium issue in which they selected one photo from each decade but Hindu didn't consent and so had to do with Croft photo you mention.
Yeah, I knew that, that's how I first heard of the 1992 photo and of the copyright problems. Was a fine article from Patrick Eager, by common consent the greatest cricket photographer of them all.

bond21

Banned
Batting too far out of his crease, backlift too high. Was only ever going to get bowled there. I've seen McGarth look better as batsmen TBH.
shutup, when you accomplish wat trumper did, dont try and be mr cricket and tell trumper how to bat like the way they do on shane warne 99.