• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best cricket photograph you've seen

Fiery

Banned
There are so many. One of my all time favourites is Hammond's famous cover drive as much for Hammond's imperious drive as for Oldfield's beautiful position behind the stumps. Must find it.
Find it mate....do your best

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
There are so many. One of my all time favourites is Hammond's famous cover drive as much for Hammond's imperious drive as for Oldfield's beautiful position behind the stumps. Must find it.
Here it is

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Then there is Trumper's fabulous high backlift as he steps out to drive. There is more energy emanating from that picture than any other cricket photograph I can imagine barring perhaps Underwood avoiding a bouncer and Jonty Rhodes' famous catch at short point.

Here is Trumper.

Fiery

Banned
Then there is Trumper's fabulous high backlift as he steps out to drive. There is more energy emanating from that picture than any other cricket photograph I can imagine barring perhaps Underwood avoiding a bouncer and Jonty Rhodes' famous catch at short point.

Here is Trumper.

That ball's going for 6

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Here is Trumper.

Batting too far out of his crease, backlift too high. Was only ever going to get bowled there. I've seen McGarth look better as batsmen TBH.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Batting too far out of his crease, backlift too high. Was only ever going to get bowled there. I've seen McGarth look better as batsmen TBH.
Shows how GREAT is your knowledge of the techniques of batting. :)
Impressed.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
There is a great one I cant find that is of a Northern Test match in the early to mid century where there is a sea of flat caps and not a bare head in sight.

Evocative of the working mans relationship with cricket and the culture of the time.