• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best cricket photograph you've seen

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The best I've seen actually is at my university in America (go figure), and its a photo on the wall at our gym.

In the middle of the frame, you see a bright red ball, in focus, with perfect seam position. The bowler about five yards behind it, slightly out of focus and completely suspended in air, still in the middle of his follow through, staring directly at the ball.

I thought it was just about the perfect photograph, and I've been trying to see if I can find another copy to buy. What about you?

Engle

State Vice-Captain
My fav would be the black and white pic of Thommo, shark-jawed, powerful and perfectly poised to propel the projectile with petrifying pace

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The pic of Rhodes taking the catch off Croft in ETS 1998 - a catch surely impossible to better - is my fave. The best photos are usually of great pieces of fielding in my experience, it's hard for a still to convey the true majesty of anything in cricket other than fielding.

They say the one of Rhodes running out Inzamam in the 1992 WC is a superb one, too - unfortunately the paper, The Hindu, has irregularly strict copyrights so no-one who hasn't got that issue of said paper will ever be able to see it. 8-)

sideshowtim

Banned
The pic of Rhodes taking the catch off Croft in ETS 1998 - a catch surely impossible to better - is my fave. The best photos are usually of great pieces of fielding in my experience, it's hard for a still to convey the true majesty of anything in cricket other than fielding.

They say the one of Rhodes running out Inzamam in the 1992 WC is a superb one, too - unfortunately the paper, The Hindu, has irregularly strict copyrights so no-one who hasn't got that issue of said paper will ever be able to see it. 8-)

Brilliant!

archie mac

International Coach
Might make a great battle?

Anyway, the one I am looking at on my wall right now; Trumper stepping out to drive the ball, top hand gloveless bat high above his head. the one I have has been coloured:cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:-O A Beldam photo in colour?

Any chance you could take a pic with a camera and post it? :drool:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The photo of Gilly cover-driving in the 99 Hobart test which was used in the Battle of the Test matches thread is a classic. Power, timing, mastery:

One which sums up so much of what is good in cricket, and what must have been just an insanely chaotic moment:

Probably my favourite, because it sums up the agony and ecstasy of a close game, and just how lonely a cricket field can be:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

Wisden in fact wanted to select the photograph as the best of the 1990s in their millenium issue in which they selected one photo from each decade but Hindu didn't consent and so had to do with Croft photo you mention.

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Saw these pictures some where here .Re-putting em !

Tendulkar was at his max prime . Day was hot and the pitch wasn't that great for bowling and the bowler was Shoaib Akhtar !
SR Tendulkar b Shoaib Akhtar 0 2 1 0 0