• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

burr

State Vice-Captain
Haha yeah, Ponting's 'Rock of Gibraltar' cracks me up every time.
Yes, I love your av. I love that ad :ph34r: Haydos is putting so much into his performance :laugh: The wolf blass ones are the worst, especially Hussey's musings on his test tonn, not to mention Hodge's presence full stop *needs a vomit smiley*

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Johnson really looks good enough at this level. Bowling great.

How quick is Sangakkara's footwork. Absolutely brilliant, both to pacemen and spinner. Love watching him bat.

cameeel

International Captain
I previously made a sarcastic statement that Cameron White was better than MacGill, but given recent events I'm actually going to stand by that as a statement of fact.

White > MacGill

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I previously made a sarcastic statement that Cameron White was better than MacGill, but given recent events I'm actually going to stand by that as a statement of fact.

White > MacGill
FFS stop over-reacting. There's no way he's that bad, even though he has bowled poorly in this match.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson's spell here this afternoon vindicates Australia's decision to poach Troy Cooley from England as bowling coach.

Both Lee and Johnson are showing the benefits os accurate reverse swing, whils S Clark has even bowled some outswing in this series from time to time.

These guys are improving, even at this level.

As for Sanga, he's really batting brilliantly. A great knock.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Johnson's spell here this afternoon vindicates Australia's decision to poach Troy Cooley from England as bowling coach.

Both Lee and Johnson are showing the benefits os accurate reverse swing, whils S Clark has even bowled some outswing in this series from time to time.

These guys are improving, even at this level.

As for Sanga, he's really batting brilliantly. A great knock.
For me the Cooley decision was proven in the Ashes last year - all 4 mainline bowlers took 20+ wickets.

BTW, what's with the horrible rash of people with KRudd avatars. It is bad enough that he's plastered all over the news, why do we have to see him on our cricketing forums.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was not
so hot
in the last one either.

In my opinion
He should be given
a breather.

Hogg in.
That's fair enough, even though I strongly disagree, but posts that suggest he's worse than White are way over the top. The fact that I don't want him dropped is probably more reflective of the fact that I don't rate Brad Hogg and the fact that I don't really think giving a guy two tests and then dropping him is good selectorial work than any misguided opinions on how MacGill has bowled lately, it should be noted. I'm fully aware he has been quite poor in first class of late and aside from the first innings in the first test, he's bowled quite poorly in this series, too. There's no way he's even half as bad as people are making out though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
MacGill's bowling is all the more frustrating when the spot could be given to someone who would heavily benefit from Test Match experience. Disgusting.

Johnson has bowled superbly this spell. And Kuuuuumar has been fantastic.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
0-82 at 5.85 runs per over says otherwise.
Yeah, one game > an entire career.

There's no doubting he's bowled poorly in this match, and in the second innings of the first test. And yes, the majority of first class cricket last season. But he's still at least two levels above Cameron White.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That's fair enough, even though I strongly disagree, but posts that suggest he's worse than White are way over the top. The fact that I don't want him dropped is probably more reflective of the fact that I don't rate Brad Hogg and the fact that I don't really think giving a guy two tests and then dropping him is good selectorial work than any misguided opinions on how MacGill has bowled lately, it should be noted. I'm fully aware he has been quite poor in first class of late and aside from the first innings in the first test, he's bowled quite poorly in this series, too. There's no way he's even half as bad as people are making out though.
That's crap.

And there you go. Screw you MacGill. Well batted Sangakkara.