• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

sideshowtim

Banned
You'd have to call the situation even at the moment, perhaps with Sri Lanka slightly on top. They have an incredibly good chance of winning this game with Sangakkara and Jayasuriya at the crease on a flat track. If MacGill continues to bowl as poorly as he did today, they'll win easily. Glad I put 20 on them, as I don't have a great feeling about this for us....

pasag

RTDAS
You'd have to call the situation even at the moment, perhaps with Sri Lanka slightly on top. They have an incredibly good chance of winning this game with Sangakkara and Jayasuriya at the crease on a flat track. If MacGill continues to bowl as poorly as he did today, they'll win easily. Glad I put 20 on them, as I don't have a great feeling about this for us....
Hate to be following you and all, but I really think you're being over pessimistic. Tomorrow the bowlers would have had a good rest and Australia have 3 sessions where they only have to get the 4 batsmen, three tailenders and the injured Maharoof. Will be a great day, don't get me wrong, but Australia should win comfortably imo.

biased indian

International Coach
they still need 260 runs rite.....i will put 20 on them if they have 6 wickets in hand and less than 100 to win till then aussies are clearly the fav for me

Athlai

Not Terrible
If Jayawardene was still in I would say SL were on top, right now I feel you still have to favour the Aussies but what fantastic batting by Sanga's and Atapattu, 260 with 7 wickets in hand seems very gettable if you forget the fact chasing a total this high has never happened in Test cricket before. Draw is out of the question for me now, win or lose from here on in.

pasag

RTDAS
If Jayawardene was still in I would say SL were on top, right now I feel you still have to favour the Aussies but what fantastic batting by Sanga's and Atapattu, 260 with 7 wickets in hand seems very gettable if you forget the fact chasing a total this high has never happened in Test cricket before. Draw is out of the question for me now, win or lose from here on in.
With possible rain, the draw isn't out of the question at all tbh.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDT65061.shtml

sideshowtim

Banned
Doesn't matter what happened before now, 260 with 7 in hand is easy and most batting line ups around the world should do it. Sanga won't get out tomorrow, he's not stupid enough to play a rash shot. Really worried about this. Sleepless night tonight.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Doesn't matter what happened before now, 260 with 7 in hand is easy and most batting line ups around the world should do it. Sanga won't get out tomorrow, he's not stupid enough to play a rash shot. Really worried about this. Sleepless night tonight.
Still a big ask IMO.

Good to see the Sri Lanakans getting a little bit of luck after watching it go all the Aussies way, Malinga getting a plum LBW decision on the first day turned down comes to mind.

Good money on Sri Lanka you have to think.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would ruin a fantastic Test match.
Nah not really IMO. Obviously a result would be better, but if Sri Lanka get in trouble and then their tail manage to hang around and hold on for a draw, it'll be awesome.

sideshowtim

Banned
The way I see it, 3/4 of our bowlers bowled excellently today and we still only took 3 wickets. How on Earth are we going to take 7 even if we're bowling well?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah not really IMO. Obviously a result would be better, but if Sri Lanka get in trouble and then their tail manage to hang around and hold on for a draw, it'll be awesome.
In that case definitely but I was thinking if it's a perfect day, Sri Lanka should be looking at victory regardless of wickets in hands, 260 over a day is under 3 an over, and I think if Sanga and Jayasuriya both stay in for a good part of the first session this will go down.

sideshowtim

Banned
In that case definitely but I was thinking if it's a perfect day, Sri Lanka should be looking at victory regardless of wickets in hands, 260 over a day is under 3 an over, and I think if Sanga and Jayasuriya both stay in for a good part of the first session this will go down.
Getting early wickets is imperative. If they get the total down to 200 or even 150 with 7 wickets in hand we're absolutely no chance.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Surely Sri Lanka can't win this... it would be an incredible comeback.

I know over 500 should always be enough, but I'm just wondering about Ponting's decision to bat again. He really didn't get full value for Australia's second innings.

Well Hobart was the ground where Langer and Gilchrist orchestrated one of the best comebacks ever... maybe SL can do it too.

sideshowtim

Banned
Surely Sri Lanka can't win this... it would be an incredible comeback.

I know over 500 should always be enough, but I'm just wondering about Ponting's decision to bat again. He really didn't get full value for Australia's second innings.

Well Hobart was the ground where Langer and Gilchrist orchestrated one of the best comebacks ever... maybe SL can do it too.
They're a huge chance. If a wicket doesn't fall before lunch they're certainties. Whoever put money on them at 100 bucks has gotta be laughing.