• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunately I am qualified in another field and cannot leave it to start a new Career in umpiring...:laugh:

But jokes asides, seriously , there are quite a few darn good Umpires in the next level (to the Elite Level) like the West Indian Lloyd Barker and South African umpire (name starting with H) whose name escapes me...and a few other English Umpires (trying to remember the Young English Umpire's name) who really need to be moved up and the bad ones kept on the sidelines while the others are given a chance to be at Elite level...
There good until you see them umpire a full Test series and you see how many mistakes they make. There is a big difference between umpiring the odd ODI, where you make probably half as many decisions as in day of Test Cricket. Then umpiring a full Test series. I've seen so many umpires that look good in ODIs and then just look extremely poor in Test Matches when they get elevated.

pasag

RTDAS
I'm far from Rudi's biggest fan, but besides the Sangas decision and maybe something else that escapes my memory, I thought he was pretty good throughout the series.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm far from Rudi's biggest fan, but besides the Sangas decision and maybe something else that escapes my memory, I thought he was pretty good throughout the series.
Agreed, the something else that escapes your memory wouldn't be Clarke being given not out for a legside catch just before he was dismissed, 1st innings in Hobart?