• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mate, not having a go - but I really don't get you. First you seemed to be an extremely one-eyed parochial Aussie who was really annoyed at his side getting beat in the T20 World Championships. You proclaimed that all the Indian supporters are thinking that they are the best team in the world (which certainly wasn't the case) and seemed to think Australia lost rather than India win. So now I am thinking, OK he's quite a patriotic supporter who lets his parochialism slur his judgement - which is fair enough.

Now, in this SL match, when SL win ONE session chasin 500-odd and you proclaim they are favourites. I am like, wait a minute is the same guy ??? The same guy who would always back his team now getting terrified when SL are within 350 of the target.

Confused ??? :blink:
Haha, just a typical Australian cricket fan really. They're nearly all like that here. You get used to it. :p

sideshowtim

Banned
Mate, not having a go - but I really don't get you. First you seemed to be an extremely one-eyed parochial Aussie who was really annoyed at his side getting beat in the T20 World Championships. You proclaimed that all the Indian supporters are thinking that they are the best team in the world (which certainly wasn't the case) and seemed to think Australia lost rather than India win. So now I am thinking, OK he's quite a patriotic supporter who lets his parochialism slur his judgement - which is fair enough.

Now, in this SL match, when SL win ONE session chasin 500-odd and you proclaim they are favourites. I am like, wait a minute is the same guy ??? The same guy who would always back his team now getting terrified when SL are within 350 of the target.

Confused ??? :blink:
As I said, my side has had many horrible experiences when it comes to defending large totals...I'm not feeling alright 'til we've taken all 10.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Amazing spell from Lee. Hits on the helmet and those two wickets. Ball to Mahela was just ridiculous. Amateur hour by Marvan not to cross over, but meh. Hope all those schoolkids appreciate the extremely high level of skill they've just seen.

MacGill on. Yuck.

cameeel

International Captain
The LBW law's broken, the 'must hit within the line if the batsman is playing a shot' is the most inane clause.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL. Lawry introducing the session to new viewers. MacGill bowls a full toss and mid-sentence "...that's four runs..."

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think that last no-ball call was a bit rough. You only have to have a bit of your shoe behind the line, risen or not for the delivery to be legal.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Been saying it for months. Just so, so poor. Sick of the people who were bagging Lee and supporting MacGill. Watch the actual cricket IMO.

LOL @ Lawry again.

EDIT: Awesome decision by Rudi.