• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

biggest six ever hit?

archie mac

International Coach
does any one know what is record for biggest six ever hit? and who was hit by?
Albert Trott once hit MA Noble over the grandstand at Lords, I would imagine with the old bats that would be the 'naturally' hugest hit

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Lee's hit was off Darren Powell, and that is the joint biggest hit I've ever seen, a long with Chris Gayle hitting the ball out of one of those stadiums in India, cant remember which one but it was a pretty big stadium and he hit Ashish Nehra way way way out of it.

Julian87

State Captain
John Davison hit a biggen at the 03 WC and I remember Mark Waugh putting one on the roof at the WACA.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cairns and Astle I can recall have both hit it out of a stadium or two, and I know Oram has hit a few massive ones against Australia, I would probably back a big man like Oram to have hit the biggest one ever over Afridi, Gayle probably has a good bet too. Can't see any one other than a modern cricketer with the improved bats having hit the biggest EVER.

The best six ever could be anyone though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is it possible to hit a cricket ball 150 meters?
Biggest six at the T20 was supposedly 119 metres, so I guess it's possible, you'd just need a few things in your favour, to be the strongest guy in cricket, maybe a little pace on the ball, and the wind. Wouldn't be surprised to see sixes getting hit 130-140 so 150 should be possible, just unlikely to happen.

Craig

World Traveller
Altitude? I remember at the 2003 WC Final in Jo'Burg and Ricky Ponting was hitting some massive sixes, I mean some of them were 2nd tier stuff.

Some of the biggest I've seen was Chris Cairns hitting Shane Warne out of Sophia Gardens in Cardiff into the nearby river and IIRC he did it twice. I've also seen footage of his father hitting a six one-handed at the MCG (and this was before the buisness about bringing the rope in) :mellow:

One of the rare times it is good to have the rain interupt the cricket.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think Simon O'Donnell has the record for the biggest six at the MCG. They mark it with a red chair amongst green ones to indicate where the ball landed. It's somewhere up on the second tier at the G, over mid-off.

abcdef

Cricket Spectator
I think Keith Miller sixes at Lords, Toom Moody's six in the '99 world cup also at Lords and Lance Cairns have all hit some of the biggest ever.