• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group E - South Africa, India, New Zealand, England

chalky

International Debutant
I think England should have used some of these dancing girls during previous Ashes series. If nothing else at least it would have distracted Warney. :)

Might be a bit nippy at Old Trafford on early morning start though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I thought the constant bowling changes was good.. maybe one or two two over spells, but I think it doesnt allow the bastmen to settle and in this for of the game that is so important.
Aus did the constant changes to great effect v Bangladesh and England.
Allthough there where a few two over spells in those games :)
Yes - but I suppose there's a tradeoff between that and allowing the bowlers to settle into some semblance of a rhythm. Today, Dmitri & Schofield's first overs went for 5 & 2, and two potentially destructive batsmen in Kemp & Boucher were under pressure. DM was taken off straight away and Snape's first over went for 12 - pressure off. And leaving our leggie a single over seemed daft when he was bowling so well.

As I said, I don't really get the Snape selection anyway, esp as it left Dmitri one over short. We look a batsman short now, and it's not as if Collingwood couldn't contribute a spell if needed.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes - but I suppose there's a tradeoff between that and allowing the bowlers to settle into some semblance of a rhythm. Today, Dmitri & Schofield's first overs went for 5 & 2, and two potentially destructive batsmen in Kemp & Boucher were under pressure. DM was taken off straight away and Snape's first over went for 12 - pressure off. And leaving our leggie a single over seemed daft when he was bowling so well.

As I said, I don't really get the Snape selection anyway, esp as it left Dmitri one over short. We look a batsman short now, and it's not as if Collingwood couldn't contribute a spell if needed.
Well, tbf to Snape, when you get two dropped catches off your over, then a six gets hit, not a lot you can do about that.

The fielding was the only thing wrong in the SAfricans innings, I thought the bowling and captaincy was spot on. The three sixes off schofield came after a ridiculous kind of drop as well.

Predictable reply, mind. Prior just looks hopeless. Is there anyone else who can keep wicket for England?

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
Pollock was going for the ball. England are rubbish, get used to it sunshine.
I already know England are rubbish mate. But is a fielder allowed to run acroos the batsman, engineering a collission as the batsman can't avoid conatct, deliberate or not?

Dubilog

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nice of Pillock to allow England to come back for the third run there. Maybe Smith can put him in a fielding position between the Batsman and the stumps. Then he can push the batsman out of his crease and have him stumped?