• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

sideshowtim

Banned
Well if you're suggesting that Tendulkar has one eye on the draw....Playing for the draw on Day 1 of a test match is very, very dangerous cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well if you're suggesting that Tendulkar has one eye on the draw....Playing for the draw on Day 1 of a test match is very, very dangerous cricket.
No, I am suggesting that right now, this innings is good for India. If all overs are bowled, there will be a result in this game IMO. And India have plenty of time, so their main focus is to bat for as long as possible.

It is irrelevant how badly a person is batting, because as long as he is batting, this is a great innings from India. And I still don't understand how 2.70 run rate for a partnership is closing up shop for a draw or something.

pasag

RTDAS
Amazing how much of a good mood Ganguly has been in today, smiling and laughing the whole knock and even when he got out to a dubious decision he didn't go psycho like in the last Test, just smiled.

Edit: Beat the commentators

Dravid

International Captain
The english talk about banning players for bowling beamers. I think it's about time Ganguly says something about the umpires in teh media for ****ing him over every single time he gets a start

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL. Just read through some of the rubbish in this thread. Wow. Gambhir ahead of Tendulkar? LMFAO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I dont care if India wins the series, I would rather like to watch good cricket.
Its not Tendulkar's job to entertain you. And its irrelevant how entertaining he was 10 years ago.

FFS, I hate this "Oh he's just tarnishing his image since he's not as good as he once was"

He's playing for India for Christ's sake. He's not playing for his image, his record, his reputation in some random forum member's eyes. He's playing for the team.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It is irrelevant how badly a person is batting, because as long as he is batting, this is a great innings from India. And I still don't understand how 2.70 run rate for a partnership is closing up shop for a draw or something.
This is not a great inning by any stretch. We are 4 down <300 and another wicket and your fav. Captain Dhoni will be on the crease. So all the talk of 560 is history now.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Its not Tendulkar's job to entertain you. And its irrelevant how entertaining he was 10 years ago.

FFS, I hate this "Oh he's just tarnishing his image since he's not as good as he once was"

He's playing for India for Christ's sake. He's not playing for his image, his record, his reputation in some random forum member's eyes. He's playing for the team.
I know he is playing for India and with this kind of play, he isn't really doing a half decent job. I dont care how how good he once was, I dont live in history.

And I know it isn't Tendulkar's job to entertain me, but I have a right to say it If I see him struggling to survive in test cricket. And no he doesn't play for India, He plays for BCCI.

Last edited:

ColdSnow

School Boy/Girl Captain
WTF is Tendulkar doing?

This is outraheous!

Tendulkar on 34 off 114 balls. He is striking at a glorious 29 off 100 balls. It is time India get someone else in his place. Like Yuvraj Singh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This is not a great inning by any stretch. We are 4 down <300 and another wicket and your fav. Captain Dhoni will be on the crease. So all the talk of 560 is history now.
Thankfully, unlike the other batsman who were so so entertaining but are now back in the pavillion, Tendulkar is still around.