• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
All the BCCI batsmen today batted better than Tendulkar. He should thank Prior and buy him a nice gift.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Come on Sachin, shut them up now. By the way, Karthik is awesome.

Karthik is awesome.
yh...i actually rate him now...and yh....i feel for ganguly as well as Karthik...whats up with all the bad decisions in this series...makes u wanna say that referring decisions is necessary!

biased indian

International Coach
Before Tendulkar started his crawl, they were going at about 4.3 runs per over.

And it is not just this match I am talking about. Tendulkar has been this way for a long time now. He always crawls even when the situation demands otherwise.
and i how many days in test match cricket have sides scored 390 runs in a days play ????

biased indian

International Coach
And that's good ? Does it change the fact that he is a better WK than Dhoni and that Yuvraj is a better test batsman than Dhoni.
sorry i will have dhoni the wK and karthik the opening batsmen

rather than

Karthik the WK and opening batsmen................

biased indian

International Coach
Replays and sniko meter of karthiks dismisal suggested that there was no touch on the bat..

but on an interview with star cricket karthik admitted he did get a small feather like touch on the ball :)

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Roll out India for less than 450 and we still have a more than a decent chance of forcing a positive result. The Indians scored over 400 at Cape Town last year and were then soundly beating so there is still some hope of a first than hopefully third innings capitulation. One more wicket than I think given the surface and what not we would have had an 'ok' day.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Matthew Prior crap, i was really hoping this wouldn't happen but it has. Hopefully he can sort himself out quick behind the stumps because he has the batting ability these days to hold down a place for a long while.

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
The Matt Prior moment really made me cringe. Not only did he drop the ball , but his attempt to get there was horrible. For a left armer , going over the wicket , the ball isn't likely to be going to the leg side , not that much anyway. So why his left foot went the wrong way is beyond me.

It was a horrible attempt. He made , what would have been a relatively easy chance , look extremely diffiicult. Hes gone the wrong way with his left foot for one thing. And then dived at the ball two early , and what do you know, hes made another hash of it.

DROP HIM! How many more is he going to have to make a hash of.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
The Matt Prior moment really made me cringe. Not only did he drop the ball , but his attempt to get there was horrible. For a left armer , going over the wicket , the ball isn't likely to be going to the leg side , not that much anyway. So why his left foot went the wrong way is beyond me.

It was a horrible attempt. He made , what would have been a relatively easy chance , look extremely diffiicult. Hes gone the wrong way with his left foot for one thing. And then dived at the ball two early , and what do you know, hes made another hash of it.

DROP HIM! How many more is he going to have to make a hash of.
I understand your idea. I too agree completely with you. But, Which other English WK is good with both bat and gloves ATM?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Roll out India for less than 450 and we still have a more than a decent chance of forcing a positive result. The Indians scored over 400 at Cape Town last year and were then soundly beating so there is still some hope of a first than hopefully third innings capitulation. One more wicket than I think given the surface and what not we would have had an 'ok' day.

Yeah England still in with a chance no doubt about that....that wicket of Ganguly has defeinitely opened things up.
India need to make 500 imo....if they do that that means they would have batted to tea or just after and then I think it will be very tough for England.

I'm a little bit wary of drawing too much into the Cape Town test....to me, India threw that game away...they were what 2-80 with a 40 run lead from the first dig ...really should have done a lot better than the sub-200 score they eventually got.
Whether they have learnt from that, time will tell.
But I think this pitch may have a bit more in it for Kumble as the game progresses.

England did make 600 here against RSA in 2003, but I think England had a better batting lineup back then

ME Trescothick
*MP Vaughan
MA Butcher
GP Thorpe
ET Smith
+AJ Stewart
A Flintoff
A Giles

v
Strauss
Cook
Vaughan
KP
Collingwood
Bell
Prior
Sidey

So even stevens......but yeah I think if India can see of that new ball without losing a wicket, I find it hard to see them losing the game.