• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne/BingLeeElectric etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm in agreement, about Richards hounding, being more tedious then BLE himself.

TBH, I find Richards stubborn refusal to grant any credit to certain players, with decent test records, simply because they don't take wickets or score runs on a wet Wednesday in Leicester, far more annoying then BLEs anti-English-stuff.

Particularly when he does his "if you take out all the tests they did well in, and the minnows performances, and admit they were really lucky when they did well, they're clearly not very good" routine:unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, so the threads about his various aliases, the swearing, the abuse & that bloody shopfront are evidence of your what? Indifference to him?

It's getting rather annoying & I'm clearly not the only one to think so.
This thread which was started, what, 3 months ago? And the other one in OT which was quite patently a mere humorous one?

Swearing at and abusing him is perfectly fine as far as everyone's concerned, he's nothing but a tool. It's only genuine members where that's prohibited. Take look around and see the amount of flak thrown the way of banned members in the past - it's completely par-for-the-course.

And if you complain about the pic, well... try looking at the others who've posted it.

As for you being annoyed, try directing your annoyance in a different direction - at the character at fault. I've admitted I was over-using the pic at one point, and have cut back. Other than that short spell, no-one's ever expressed any great annoyance in my direction, other than those with long-term grudges against me looking for a good excuse.

No, I'm not indifferent to him at all. I hate the ****. But to describe my dislike of him as obsession is to display either a) a dismal ignorance of the meaning of the term "obsession" or b) opportunism to grind an axe of your own which you have long wished to grind (and we see it in this thread with 2 members).

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This thread which was started, what, 3 months ago? And the other one in OT which was quite patently a mere humorous one?

Swearing at and abusing him is perfectly fine as far as everyone's concerned, he's nothing but a tool. It's only genuine members where that's prohibited. Take look around and see the amount of flak thrown the way of banned members in the past - it's completely par-for-the-course.

And if you complain about the pic, well... try looking at the others who've posted it.

As for you being annoyed, try directing your annoyance in a different direction - at the character at fault. I've admitted I was over-using the pic at one point, and have cut back. Other than that short spell, no-one's ever expressed any great annoyance in my direction, other than those with long-term grudges against me looking for a good excuse.

No, I'm not indifferent to him at all. I hate the ****. But to describe my dislike of him as obsession is to display either a) a dismal ignorance of the meaning of the term "obsession" or b) opportunism to grind an axe of your own which you have long wished to grind (and we see it in this thread with 2 members).
You know what, I'm not even gonna bother anymore. You go ahead with your witch-hunts & continue to poison the forum atmosphere.

Oh & for the record: From Dictionary.com One of us might have a "dismal ignorance of the meaning of the term obsession", but I'll leave it to other people to decide who.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dictionary.com said:
the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc
None of which apply - I think of SW\BLE only when one of his posts present themselves.

You, of course, wouldn't know that - this being a forum it's up to you only to make assumptions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, he's not, he's directing it at an innocent party, in fact one who's got the forum's best interests at heart.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Richard, even if you have "the forum's best interests at heart", it's not your role to do what you have been doing. If I were you, I'd leave the moderating to the moderators - your obsession (yes, I'd describe it as such) with this one member is doing more to ruin the forum atmosphere than the member in question is.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Richard, even if you have "the forum's best interests at heart", it's not your role to do what you have been doing. If I were you, I'd leave the moderating to the moderators - your obsession (yes, I'd describe it as such) with this one member is doing more to ruin the forum atmosphere than the member in question is.
Yeah. I do not have a problem with senior members helping out new members or pointing out stuff to members but clearly the way Richard does it is not suitable. Now he might not agree regarding the suitability but there is a common consensus that such means as Richard uses is better off not used. I would really like Richard to just leave it at reporting posts personally but I am not a forum moderator or any thing and so that is just my view on this.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What have I been doing though? Posting the pic? Abusing him?

I have been reporting an account once I spot it's a SW\BLE on the last 2 cases. In that, at least, I'm helping deal with things.

And I'll say it again - it's very disappointing that a decent upstanding member such as yourself would describe it as an obsession when, frankly, you don't have a clue what you're on about.

pasag

RTDAS
Richard, I personally have no problem with either the pic nor you going around outing him. But if other people do, even if you don't agree with their reasonings, you should be considerate and comply with their wishes, imo. Especially since it's more than one person here.

Status
Not open for further replies.