• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That’s a great game. Been a while since Arsenal physically dominated a NL derby like that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Keep watching back that Xhaka challenge from yesterday

Completely inexcusable. Bloke is Clichy/Eboue levels of unreliable/calamity

Uppercut

It was Arsenal's best performance of the season by miles. They're still light at the back and unbalanced up front, but Toreira, Guendouzi and Ceballos are all serious midfielders.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
We always end up playing better when the scoreline, occasion and crowd force us to go on the all out attack, rather than when we try to execute whatever Emery's game plan is.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Not sure. I think City were still favourites when they were 8 points clear, so it’s fair to say most people (rightly as it turned out) thought City were clearly better. Only been a few games but from what I’ve seen the gap is a little wider now. Liverpool have lost a bit of defensive solidity.
I am pretty sure the bolded isn't true tbf.

That said I don't recall any narrative about Liverpool not looking that good for large swathes of last season either. They didn't look very good for a couple of months in the new year (which was when they dropped that eight point lead) but before and after they looked good.

I thought they would win the league when they first went eight points clear. It was the Old Trafford 0-0 where Liverpool looked awful against us with a million injuries that changed my mind.

Uppercut

I am pretty sure the bolded isn't true tbf.

That said I don't recall any narrative about Liverpool not looking that good for large swathes of last season either. They didn't look very good for a couple of months in the new year (which was when they dropped that eight point lead) but before and after they looked good.

I thought they would win the league when they first went eight points clear. It was the Old Trafford 0-0 where Liverpool looked awful against us with a million injuries that changed my mind.
Maybe you're right and they weren't quite favourites, but it was definitely much closer than it would have been if the market had thought Liverpool were as good as City.

I think they looked great for almost all of last season too. Surely the best team to not win the title.