• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This year's title race is shaping up to be similar to last year. Liverpool and City look several miles ahead of the rest.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This year's title race is shaping up to be similar to last year. Liverpool and City look several miles ahead of the rest.
I'd be surprised if it's as close though. Liverpool are amazing but feels like there are way more things that could stop them getting high 90s points wise than there are with City.

vcs

I'd be surprised if it's as close though. Liverpool are amazing but feels like there are way more things that could stop them getting high 90s points wise than there are with City.
I've been thinking this for a year now, but they just keep picking up the points. They're probably just as good as City.

Uppercut

A year isn’t that long, lots of teams overperform for a year. They look a lot worse than they did last season too. City are much better imo.

I’d still have Liverpool as the 2nd best team in the world by a distance though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A year isn’t that long, lots of teams overperform for a year. They look a lot worse than they did last season too. City are much better imo.

I’d still have Liverpool as the 2nd best team in the world by a distance though.
I don't watch much Prem but wasn't the narrative for large swathes of last season that they didn't look great too?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't watch much Prem but wasn't the narrative for large swathes of last season that they didn't look great too?
I think it was because they were more measured and controlled than they ended the previous season.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Possibly, but I reckon they're still unlikely to drop a huge number of points because they're so much better than most of the teams in the league.

andmark

International Captain
Scott Brown has apparently been booked in 49 of his 50 appearances against Rangers. Seems like the sort of **** you want in your team for some vague sense of leadership which comes with such **** housery.

Uppercut

Not sure. I think City were still favourites when they were 8 points clear, so it’s fair to say most people (rightly as it turned out) thought City were clearly better. Only been a few games but from what I’ve seen the gap is a little wider now. Liverpool have lost a bit of defensive solidity.