• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if the mainstream pundits have gone after Xhaka yet either, but that is surely imminent if it hasn't started already.
He’s been a regular target since the day he joined. He’s actually probably a bit underrated, and I say that as someone who thinks he’s ****e.

Uppercut

His bad management can be easy to mistake for ‘individual errors’ because it involves constantly exposing players like Luiz and Xhaka to situations where they struggle. I think that’s the line pundits will go for.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He’s been a regular target since the day he joined. He’s actually probably a bit underrated, and I say that as someone who thinks he’s ****e.
Good at passing the ball sideways. I don't really know what else he is supposed to do. The occasional long shot I guess.

Uppercut

Good at passing the ball sideways. I don't really know what else he is supposed to do. The occasional long shot I guess.
I think he’s a pretty legit good passer. It doesn’t make up for his tectonic pace, sub-amateur tackling technique and being one of the stupidest players in the league. But it’s not nothing I guess.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think he’s a pretty legit good passer. It doesn’t make up for his tectonic pace, sub-amateur tackling technique and being one of the stupidest players in the league. But it’s not nothing I guess.
He was legit underrated in his first season. His seasons since have been worse and he's got much less criticism. He's a good passer overall but I feel a lot of his range isn't utilised as much under Emery as it was under Wenger. Going the other way I'd hoped Emery would make him a more intelligent off ball player but that hasn't happened either, so he's pretty much a net negative now. Apparently he's gonna take a few weeks off for the birth of his child, and I'd hope Guendouzi can begin to nail down the role in that time.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
City's defence had actually been a bit subpar (by their ridiculous standards) this season before yesterday (tiny sample tbf). I'd be inclined to still back them for now though.

Uppercut

He was legit underrated in his first season. His seasons since have been worse and he's got much less criticism. He's a good passer overall but I feel a lot of his range isn't utilised as much under Emery as it was under Wenger. Going the other way I'd hoped Emery would make him a more intelligent off ball player but that hasn't happened either, so he's pretty much a net negative now. Apparently he's gonna take a few weeks off for the birth of his child, and I'd hope Guendouzi can begin to nail down the role in that time.
Hoping for enforced absences that trick your terrible manager into picking the right team eh. Reminds me of the Moyes/LVG days.

cpr

International Coach

When it comes to tackles in the box, has he ever taken a moment and thought to pull out at the last minute?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We have not yet established that he is capable of thought tbh.

Evidently he does not think, but it is less clear whether he has the capacity to do so.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I thought we had some pretty ordinary pundits on UK TV, but an expert on Italian TV was asked how he would nullify the threat of Lukaku and he said he would give him ten bananas.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The level of racism in Italian football is pretty scary. Not sure if anyone here saw that statement from the Inter ultras after Lukaku was racially abused at Cagliari were they basically said "I know you might think they were racist, but they were only being racist to put you off when you were taking the penalty".

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That is appalling.

But the state of racism in the Mediterranean is pretty bad on the whole, in my experience.

Very much enjoyed my time in Greece recently, for instance, but heard several remarks re: immigrants and race (particularly those in relation to black people) from people who otherwise seemed pretty sound, that were very very borderline. Heard plenty of other remarks that were well beyond the boundaries of what I would consider acceptable.