• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyone able to explain why City's game is today? I can't see it televised unless I'm
missing something

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of a rivalry?

Bad club for wannabe firms anyway Vale. Much like Stoke.
All started a few years ago when we were basically the only close match up they had one season. They caused trouble at our place and smashed the windows on one of our supporters coaches at theirs. Since then it not been a nice game to go to. Good riddance to them.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sane's dive made Rashford look like such an amateur. Reminded me of Nelson playing American football.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Never like it why Arsenal sometimes play in their away kit when playing against Spurs and City, and other teams with similar strips, but not on other occasions.

Edit: which they are no doing today. Stupid lying BBC website.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Love a duffer "let's do this thang" .Always gives me cause for optimism.

Don't love that what usually tends to follow a duffer "let's do this thang" is something horrible.

My predictions:

- possible Xhaka red card.

- Arsenal to either concede early or after about 30 minutes having been overran and bombarded for most of that time.

- Gibbs to be subbed off for Welbeck with about 30 minutes left as a desperate attempt to claw a way back into the game.

- A heroic failed comeback.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This should be a good one though. Draw does nothing for both teams. Scared about the back three though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit of a rivalry?

Bad club for wannabe firms anyway Vale. Much like Stoke.
I've probably told the story before, but the only time I've ever really thought I might get a kicking at a football game was in Stoke.

Mate of mine got a job up there after uni, so a few of us went up for a weekend on the lash. There being the square root of Fanny Adams to do in the Potteries on a Saturday arvo, we decided to go to watch Stoke v QPR at the old Victoria ground.

With a bit of time to kill before kick off we decided to get a bevy. Unfortunately the pub we decided on was the Stoke City home venue. As soon as I opened my mouth to order the whole place goes silent for what seemed like ages until one inbred pipes up with,

"The ****s are in our pub."

I assume my generic vaguely southern accent sounding a lot like Shepherd's Bush to the average Stoke personage. Cue a speedy downing of pints and a hurried exit. I've no issues with QPR, but my indifference doesn't extend to getting the crap smacked out of me defending their fans' honour.

One hopes those Stoke fans still dine out on the story of the day the pride of the R's **** it when faced with the reek of Pottery manhood.

Game was a dour 0-0 draw and I spent most of it being gobbed on, the away enclose being handily placed beneath a home stand. Good times.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I've probably told the story before, but the only time I've ever really thought I might get a kicking at a football game was in Stoke.

Mate of mine got a job up there after uni, so a few of us went up for a weekend on the lash. There being the square root of Fanny Adams to do in the Potteries on a Saturday arvo, we decided to go to watch Stoke v QPR at the old Victoria ground.

With a bit of time to kill before kick off we decided to get a bevy. Unfortunately the pub we decided on was the Stoke City home venue. As soon as I opened my mouth to order the whole place goes silent for what seemed like ages until one inbred pipes up with,

"The ****s are in our pub."

I assume my generic vaguely southern accent sounding a lot like Shepherd's Bush to the average Stoke personage. Cue a speedy downing of pints and a hurried exit. I've no issues with QPR, but my indifference doesn't extend to getting the crap smacked out of me defending their fans' honour.

One hopes those Stoke fans still dine out on the story of the day the pride of the R's **** it when faced with the reek of Pottery manhood.

Game was a dour 0-0 draw and I spent most of it being gobbed on, the away enclose being handily placed beneath a home stand. Good times.
There was also a police cell on site just behind the away terraces.