• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent header that from Lukaku, could've put it anywhere but picked out the top right just to be sure.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Today's a bit of a rarity - a Saturday afternoon with nothing on the calendar, so time to check another new ground off the list.

Sixfields, Northampton, which has the dubious honour of being the first place wher I've ever sat down and thought, "hmm, a little lacking in the legroom department in here." I'm 5'9" at best.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Today's a bit of a rarity - a Saturday afternoon with nothing on the calendar, so time to check another new ground off the list.

Sixfields, Northampton, which has the dubious honour of being the first place wher I've ever sat down and thought, "hmm, a little lacking in the legroom department in here." I'm 5'9" at best.
Never been Luton then? Hideous

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Drawing away to Braintree. The fact that it isn't the end of the world is what's really awful.

7 points from 9 is all things considered a very good start. Would have expected the 1 from Gateshead and 3 today but that's how it goes. Two home games now, six points is a must.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Never been Luton then? Hideous
No, for some reason I've never been tempted by that. Can't think why.

Really should have stayed home today and watched the T20 instead. Only saving grace is it turns out that Sixfields is only 50' from my house.

Seriously considering a bit of Dagenham & Redbridge on Tuesday night...

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having watched the Everton game earlier that kit looked terrible, it is even worse in the evening when you have had a couple of beers.

Think it must rank up there with the Coventry brown kit as one of the worst ones ever.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Drawing away to Braintree. The fact that it isn't the end of the world is what's really awful.

7 points from 9 is all things considered a very good start. Would have expected the 1 from Gateshead and 3 today but that's how it goes. Two home games now, six points is a must.
Ok serious q here, how are you finding it, I was going to tease you about how many awful teams were ahead of you even after you won in the first match, but I thought it was even churlish for me.

The fact is as much as I think the conference was the most utterly depressing time of my footballing supporting life, I've said before a very small minority seemed to love it for the back-to-basics feel. Of course as with almost everything we're now getting revisionists saying how wonderful it all was, but that happens in every aspect of life, I've never really got that nostalgia thing, but most people at the time did say it was hideous.

I just found it odd that often when you beat teams the feeling was so "meh", I just felt in a horrible transition period waiting for proper meaning throughout the season,changed for the big matches and obviously when we made the play-offs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ok serious q here, how are you finding it, I was going to tease you about how many awful teams were ahead of you even after you won in the first match, but I thought it was even churlish for me.

The fact is as much as I think the conference was the most utterly depressing time of my footballing supporting life, I've said before a very small minority seemed to love it for the back-to-basics feel. Of course as with almost everything we're now getting revisionists saying how wonderful it all was, but that happens in every aspect of life, I've never really got that nostalgia thing, but most people at the time did say it was hideous.

I just found it odd that often when you beat teams the feeling was so "meh", I just felt in a horrible transition period waiting for proper meaning throughout the season,changed for the big matches and obviously when we made the play-offs.
Well I've not done any away games yet so hard to give a proper answer but today was definitely a bit of a reality kick

Last week, honestly, game was poor but no poorer really than some of the games last season, and well we won and after 30 months of 80% defeats it felt damn good

Looks like we were excellent in midweek but from the highlights the ground reminded me of where I used to do athletics at the local sports centre

Today less than a thousand people watched us draw at Braintree

So to answer your question. I'm uneasy with being the big dogs who everyone sees as a scalp and I don't fully believe I'm not overly disappointed with a point at Braintree. But ultimately I look at the table and think get me ****ing out of here. I mean seriously. We have a TV game coming up against Welling. Are they really a team? We were in the league cup final fifteen years ago ffs

I can handle a season of this. Any more than that and well I don't know

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The thing about our first two games is that we spent so much of them I 1-0 up, so it's hard to tell whether we're good at shutting games down or would just be equally turgid when losing. Probably the latter. Defence is still a positive though, Schneiderlin makes a big difference there.

Rooney was complete ****e again. Convinced we need a striker far more than we need a CB. Our best option up front is quite possibly Fellaini, which is not at all an acceptable state of affairs.
Lol. I was thinking today how we missed Fellaini doing a better job at bring the midfield into the game than Rooney does. He really has become someone who if not in form isn't a 9 or a 10.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is going to be a long season for Tottenham. To draw after being 2 up at WHL isn't a good sign at all. The difference in performances by both teams substitutions was massive.

I'm happy we've signed a new striker but I feel as though we need to upgrade on our midfield by signing someone this window. I don't think a midfield of Dembele, Mason, Dier and Bentaleb frightens anyone at all. Lamela needs to start contributing more too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
One positive of relegation is not having any interest in channel 5's football league highlights