• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 2m

Uefa confirms #Celtic are back in the #ChampionsLeague after Legia Warsaw are expelled for fielding an ineligible player.

What a lucky break.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Arsenal and Barca have agreed a £15m fee for Vermaelen. Wenger's done well to get that much for him, but it doesn't leave Arsenal with many defenders. They've now let Sagna, Vermaelen, Jenkinson and Djourou go, and signed 2 right backs. Leaves them with Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Debuchy, Chambers and Monreal. I'd be praying for a new centre back if I was an Arsenal fan. Vermaelen might be injury prone, and £15m is good, but if they don't replace him, could be knackered if Koscielny or Mertesacker pick up a bad injury.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 2m

Uefa confirms #Celtic are back in the #ChampionsLeague after Legia Warsaw are expelled for fielding an ineligible player.

What a lucky break.
Means we get to laugh at them making fools of themselves again. Great stuff.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Arsenal and Barca have agreed a £15m fee for Vermaelen. Wenger's done well to get that much for him, but it doesn't leave Arsenal with many defenders. They've now let Sagna, Vermaelen, Jenkinson and Djourou go, and signed 2 right backs. Leaves them with Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Debuchy, Chambers and Monreal. I'd be praying for a new centre back if I was an Arsenal fan. Vermaelen might be injury prone, and £15m is good, but if they don't replace him, could be knackered if Koscielny or Mertesacker pick up a bad injury.
Chambers will be a back up centre back and Bellerin the second right back. We've got pretty immense cover at fullback tbh. Need a centre back though yes. Preferably a younger one.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He played centre back twice in the Emirates Cup. Wenger said he's an option in midfield, centre back and right back, but he also said he'd predominantly be a back up centre back.

Just seen we've been drawn against Besiktas. Decent result, Bilbao were the ones I really feared. Them v Napoli looks tasty.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We'll definitely bring in someone who can play CB - losing the Vermaelen and Sagna and replacing with Chambers doesn't quite cut it in terms of positional depth.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The most exciting thing about the Vermaelen sale is the scenes that will occur on twitter when Arteta is made club captain.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Guess Stones is a no go with him signing a new deal at yer actual Toffees; saw a report linking us with Hummels in one of the Sundays.

grecian

To think this time tomorrow I'll either be depressed, elated, nervous or fuming.

Pregnant with choice at this time.

Pothas

So hyped for tomorow but I will be watching Carlisle v Luton rather than our first game in the second tier for more than 20 years.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So hyped for tomorow but I will be watching Carlisle v Luton rather than our first game in the second tier for more than 20 years.
How come?

I'm still 50-50 on whether I can make it to Prenton Park. It's been painted as well

Pothas

On holiday up north at the moment, saw they were at home and could not resist, especially as the two days do cricket I have planned look in serious doubt with the weather.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Celtic changing their name to Oscar Pistorius FC.

Lost both legs, 4 shots on target and still got away with murder.:ph34r: