• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Doesn't he have previous for this too?

Seem to have hazey memories of another journo reporting him asking for a fee to pass comment on something (possibly Hillsborough) where a payment would look crass at best.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doesn't he have previous for this too?

Seem to have hazey memories of another journo reporting him asking for a fee to pass comment on something (possibly Hillsborough) where a payment would look crass at best.
Same incident. The article is from 2003. Still a complete **** though.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Phil Neal's attitude to contributing to any sort of thing like this is due to a documentary made about Graham Taylor in the mid-90's. He was one Taylor's England coaches and all the documentary showed of him was saying "yes boss" and generally agreeing with, and fawning over everything Taylor said or did. Not really much of an excuse for being such a dick 20 years on though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Phil Neal's attitude to contributing to any sort of thing like this is due to a documentary made about Graham Taylor in the mid-90's. He was one Taylor's England coaches and all the documentary showed of him was saying "yes boss" and generally agreeing with, and fawning over everything Taylor said or did. Not really much of an excuse for being such a dick 20 years on though.
As Bolton manager in 91 he told the media before the play-off semis that he was looking forward to playing Brentford in the playoff final

The whites beat Brentford, Eric Nixon stuck a newspaper report up containing that quote on the wall before the final and there was no team talk

Not that it really compares to him being a tool in this way but I just like telling that story

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As Bolton manager in 91 he told the media before the play-off semis that he was looking forward to playing Brentford in the playoff final

The whites beat Brentford, Eric Nixon stuck a newspaper report up containing that quote on the wall before the final and there was no team talk

Not that it really compares to him being a tool in this way but I just like telling that story
I knew a few Bolton players from the time under him, they said he was a good coach but an utter utter wanker as a person.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Rio's called time on his career. Inevitable really after what happened to his wife, hardly surprising if he cbf with what's required to be a professional any more.

The best centre half of the Premier League generation. Great player in his prime.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Rio's called time on his career. Inevitable really after what happened to his wife, hardly surprising if he cbf with what's required to be a professional any more.

The best centre half of the Premier League generation. Great player in his prime.
Possibly know would take Terry but it's close enough for me to not be arsed to debate it. Rio's peak was quite exceptional for sure.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Possibly know would take Terry but it's close enough for me to not be arsed to debate it. Rio's peak was quite exceptional for sure.
It's a style thing for me. Terry's the ideal defender to have when your side's under siege in the last 10 minutes and you need somebody to just put everything on the line to keep the ball out of the net but I much prefer a defender who reads the game so well that he never needs to get his shorts dirty because you don't see him diving in.

England's defence was also a joke without Rio in 2004 when he served his drug ban.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Is the Cup Final the last match for this thread? Or are there more pointless friendlies being played on the other side of the World for money by the poor worn out players who can't play two games a week.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is the Cup Final the last match for this thread? Or are there more pointless friendlies being played on the other side of the World for money by the poor worn out players who can't play two games a week.
I can't really remember but I thought a new thread is for when the first fixtures are out?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not sure if you heard. But Barcelona are playing Juventus next week in some final in Berlin. That's the last competitive club game of the season.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
why are you so miserable all the time :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I can't really remember but I thought a new thread is for when the first fixtures are out?
Thread should have been shut a month ago

Who's making next season's anyway? I've made the last two and they've been the worst seasons on record so never again.

And where the **** is Grecian? Not sure he's posted since the election.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Thread should have been shut a month ago

Who's making next season's anyway? I've made the last two and they've been the worst seasons on record so never again.

And where the **** is Grecian? Not sure he's posted since the election.
Who made 03-04? Need an Arse league win again.