• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God, how insufferable will Liverpool supporters be if they actually win it? Does football go back to being the long-ball bore fest it was the last time they dominated the top flight?

Uppercut

I don't even know what result I wanted today but not entirely convinced Liverpool deserved 3 points today.
I think they deserved it for the first half but they didn't half have a lot of luck.

What a game though. Best this season.

flibbertyjibber

God, how insufferable will Liverpool supporters be if they actually win it? Does football go back to being the long-ball bore fest it was the last time they dominated the top flight?
Not going to dominate though are they.

Would they go down as the worst side defensively to win it in the last 20 years?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Their last good team was quite entertaining TBF.

I doubt it'll go back that way, unless they stop the pass-back rule, and 3 points for a win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think they deserved it for the first half but they didn't half have a lot of luck.

What a game though. Best this season.
Both City-Liverpool games were close run things were the losers could feel hard done by. Been the best sides this season for me, Chavs notwithstanding

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The way Liverpool have emerged as really strong contenders reminds me of Arsenal in 1998; just set off on a blistering run around the turn of the year which burned off everyone else. I won't believe they've done it till they've done it though.

King Pietersen

International Captain
"None of your business" - Stevie :laugh:

At the start of the season, I couldn't have thought of anything worse than Liverpool winning the league, but, and as an Everton fan it pains me to say this, I want them to go on and win it. They've been the best side to watch this season, and every week they come out and try and put on a show. Brendan Rodgers has done a magnificent job as Liverpool manager, and built an excellent squad. 10 wins on the bounce at the most important stage of the title race is superb, and it's there's to lose from here. The Chelsea game in a couple of weeks is massive!

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Think it's a Hillsboro thing, why they're going so mental.
You think so? Didn't seem like it to me. Most of the team wouldn't even have a clue of the significance of it, half of them probably don't even speak ****ing English. It probably meant a lot to Gerrard and some of the English players. They celebrated like they just won a cup final though, which is a bit ridiculous, and not the way you'd celebrate the deaths of so many IMO. Anyway. If they literally draw one of their last four games we can still win out and finish ahead of them. They still have to play Chelsea who every seemed to think were title certainties barely a month ago.

Today just had to be the day where Kompany laid out in neon lights that he is an absolutely overrated hack.
Demichelis was ten times the player Kompany was today. Couldn't count the amount of times Kompany was caught at halfway trying to play a hero pass while Liverpool were breaking. So sick of the hype.

EDIT: missed Gerrards interview, turned off my TV in disgust. What did he say?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Skrtel's punching ability out of the backline would enable him to line up at full back for Hawthorn itbt. Massive handball.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You think so? Didn't seem like it to me. Most of the team wouldn't even have a clue of the significance of it, half of them probably don't even speak ****ing English. It probably meant a lot to Gerrard and some of the English players. They celebrated like they just won a cup final though, which is a bit ridiculous, and not the way you'd celebrate the deaths of so many IMO. Anyway. If they literally draw one of their last four games we can still win out and finish ahead of them. They still have to play Chelsea who every seemed to think were title certainties barely a month ago.

EDIT: missed Gerrards interview, turned off my TV in disgust. What did he say?
Mate they'll definitely understand the significance of it. Impossible to live on Merseyside for any period of time and not.