• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don't even know what to make of that game, haha. So happy with the result though. Going to be such a battle for Top 4!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
More importantly, Palace have now reached the giddy heights of 14th, albeit with a couple of sides below us having a game in hand. I'm not convinced I'd pay to watch them, but Pulis is doing one heck of a job at present.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, it's a case of the end justifying the means, I suppose. It's like admiring what those involved in slaughterhouse and butchery work do; I don't need to see what goes on to enjoy the results.

Heck of a turnaround really, because yer Eagles looked sunk before he took the reigns.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're more likeable than Stoke were because they're genuine plucky underdogs, whereas Stoke were only plucky underdogs because Pulis blew all their money on ****e.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a really marginal offside call, maybe off by an inch. Reckon it wouldn't have been given if the assistant was on the other side.

Eds

International Debutant
Eds finally admitting that Dembele isn't that good? :p
Ha, well he's obviously made an impact.

It's just too easy to hate Sherwood though really. I'm more than happy to keep blaming him for mistakes he hasn't actually made.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well this is what happens when you play Eriksen and Bentaleb in a two-man midfield against City. ****ing hell.

'Makelele is worst thing that happened to the Premier League': Tottenham coach Les Ferdinand bemoans holding midfielders | Mail Online

They clearly know their stuff...
'I was saying to William Gallas when he was here: The worst thing that happened in this league was Claude Makelele.

'When he came into this country [to Chelsea in 2003] he wasn’t a holding midfield player. He was a player who had the intelligence to say: ‘Frank [Lampard], you can score more goals than me so, if you go, I’m going to tuck in here for you and I’ll hold. You keep going forward.’
Haha, wtf, pretty sure he was a holding midfielder for his entire career. Certainly was at the point when he joined Chelsea anyway.

But if Spurs want to totally dispense with any sort of defensive midfielder then they can be my guest. With plenty of decent teams playing with a 4 man attack you'll be completely overrun if you don't have someone doing that job properly. Look what happened when Spurs played Arsenal in the FA Cup the other week.

Edit: Not that you necessarily need a "holding" midfielder mind you. But you definitely need to have one who is assigned the duty of being the primary defender in midfield. Imo anyway.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, I love how as it stands Palace are above Stoke in the table.

Mark Hughes' decision to leave Fulham to go on to "bigger things" really does get better by the day.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That's a shocker of a decision from the linesman.

Could get quite fun though. 3-0 and 40 odd minutes still to go.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Last kick of the game Bayern-Stuttgart

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/33AF6B52051040415939386368000_1f2fe22a91f.4.7.1051 4414061191163471_e7H_X6e.SYSS4mtIRgGaHy8SyrNb31vSd 5pYJY7VXW5dNf..gb.QQeTvtAlIER1V.mp4?versionId=w5s2 5dpD0UDbd4pF687x916MuRxIVlQa[/video]

Edit: Reverse angle: [video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/229FE572D91040416354404036608_1a2118ffbfb.4.7.1811 1712322656330020_XBakcxXT.tZvpyOUHmb9WYW3Q7hpvRvLv r9H96ej0MioWbgBlVyLhPyHlls7n.4x.mp4?versionId=qzJF MIU1kMaxf00L12dA3vuRli3yXyL.[/video]

No, I don't know how to embed Vines.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't. They're gelling better but their midfield should get woefully exposed by Barcelona.
The Barca defence though....

It should just be great though, these games often disappont but I just can't see how this one is going to.