• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really? Definitely never got worse than a yellow after an advantage.

I agree with Uppercut though. Should probably be a yellow if it's a pen.
Yeah, definitely used to be the case on some of the older versions anyway. I think the only time I saw it happen was on FIFA 10 or 11.

I don't think the ref actually waved the advantage, but the player with the ball had a shot, was tripped by a defender, ball went in the goal anyway, goal given, defender given straight red card.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Goal scoring opportunity red is one of the rules I actually agree with.

It was painful in 2010 after the Suarez handball when the world wanted penalty goals brought in though

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Everyone saying we'll win the league probably aren't factoring in that we still have to go to Old Trafford, Goodison, Emirates and Anfield. Not impossible with the way some of those teams are playing (and just winning 5-1 at WHL) but it's still not easy and not a run any observer of City since 2008 will be confident in. Especially considering with have a League Cup final, FA Cup ties and Barcelona in the Champions League all in that run.

cpr

International Coach
TBH any observer of City from before 2008 will have even less confidence - in fact most of those pray for the day they are mathematically safe from the drop and take it from there.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Everyone saying we'll win the league probably aren't factoring in that we still have to go to Old Trafford, Goodison, Emirates and Anfield. Not impossible with the way some of those teams are playing (and just winning 5-1 at WHL) but it's still not easy and not a run any observer of City since 2008 will be confident in. Especially considering with have a League Cup final, FA Cup ties and Barcelona in the Champions League all in that run.
Smittens, look at this face -

Would that face let you down?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Your remaining fixtures are easier than Arsenal's, you're three (effectively four) points clear of Chelsea with them to play at the Etihad as well as being a better team than either of those two sides. You aren't absolute certainties but you're pretty clear favourites still.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Last kick of the game Bayern-Stuttgart

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/33AF6B52051040415939386368000_1f2fe22a91f.4.7.1051 4414061191163471_e7H_X6e.SYSS4mtIRgGaHy8SyrNb31vSd 5pYJY7VXW5dNf..gb.QQeTvtAlIER1V.mp4?versionId=w5s2 5dpD0UDbd4pF687x916MuRxIVlQa[/video]

Edit: Reverse angle: [video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/229FE572D91040416354404036608_1a2118ffbfb.4.7.1811 1712322656330020_XBakcxXT.tZvpyOUHmb9WYW3Q7hpvRvLv r9H96ej0MioWbgBlVyLhPyHlls7n.4x.mp4?versionId=qzJF MIU1kMaxf00L12dA3vuRli3yXyL.[/video]

No, I don't know how to embed Vines.
****ing Bayern.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

LOVE this goal. Nothing like a near-post in-off-the-crossbar blaster.
Delph's going to outgrow Villa by the end of the year. Good player for a team like Newcastle to get - especially in their case having lost Cabaye.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So apparently Draxler to Arsenal is now very much on the cards. Rumoured to be in for Tello on loan as well. Would be good.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Delph's going to outgrow Villa by the end of the year. Good player for a team like Newcastle to get - especially in their case having lost Cabaye.
Not convinced there is a whole lot of difference between Newcastle and Villa, not long term at any rate.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not convinced there is a whole lot of difference between Newcastle and Villa, not long term at any rate.
I think long-term Newcastle's massive support and stadium will probably overcome the club's inherent insanity. It's the medium term I'm not sure about. I'm a huge fan of Lambert, I think a lot of what he's done in terms of investing in youth, cutting down the wage bill and shifting to a more exciting style of play will pay off in the future. But by a lot of accounts his relationship with the chairman has broken down and he's under a bit of pressure- compounded by the fact that they're atrocious at home, which tends to turn the fans against them. If they let him go, or even keep him under icy and constrained circumstances, I can see things falling apart.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The Villa job is a truly thankless task though. Even when viewed optimistically, their long and short term prospects are fairly limited. But yet, concurrently, it's a job which carries with it a huge, and frankly unreasonable, level of expectation. From both the chairman and the fans.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think they're still a bit more stable and they're 10 points ahead of Villa at the moment. If you like, what I was really getting at was that he could be a good player for a team that can legitimately aim for 6th-8th - Newcastle, Everton, Southampton, teams that probably won't make the top 4 but can look like it in patches throughout the year.

Long term Lambert's work could pay dividends, but I think one of the aforementioned clubs will come for him before then. Then again, maybe not.