Page 99 of 343 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Always thought he was value from a footballing perspective actually. Highly surprised to see him back though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    I'm thinking you don't watch either regularly.
    Why, because as a United fan he dares to be critical to their players rather than defending them to the hilt?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Is it just me or has Silva been told to seriously bulk up/get on the pies? Was like a whippet when he first came over.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Urgh.

All a bit ugly at the end there.

Nasri really is a gutless little weed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    RVP, screamed so loud when that one went in that a couple of dogs started barking
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Not what you want to see regardless of which club you follow. Incidents like that are bad for the game.

International Coach
    Hart really is ****. You could put literally any other keeper in the league in City's net and the 1st and 3rd goals would not have happened.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    Is it just me or has Silva been told to seriously bulk up/get on the pies? Was like a whippet when he first came over.
    Kun seems to have added some muscle mass as well.

Though Kolo could do with hitting the diet pills again, fat with no mobility.

On the game, that's more like it. More goals in that game than the last 6 Premier League games BTV have put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey View Post
    Hart really is ****. You could put literally any other keeper in the league in City's net and the 1st and 3rd goals would not have happened.
    The 1st would have probably gone in, just looks bad as Hart watched a super slow-mo shot roll in but no top GK should be beaten on the 3rd.

Ruddy for England.

Nah. Keepers might save them sometimes but I wouldn't even say they're mistakes. First he's caught out but it's a great reverse from Rooney and I think his positioning's fine. Second is deflected through a crowd of players at pace and in off the bottom of the post. This 'keeper's side' bollocks is bollocks, there's no way keepers can just leave one side for the wall to defend. It's as if he's supposed to just stand on his side for free kicks going to the other corner just in case Nasri does the can-can and deflects it to the opposite corner.

Not really having the Hart backlash, to be honest. He's not ****ing Superman but he's the best keeper in the league and it's not close.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 09-12-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Nasri clearly more at fault for the 3rd goal than Hart. If he doesn't move and then flick his leg at it half heartedly then the ball never gets that far anyway. Typical French surrender monkey, no bottle.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Nah. Keepers might save them sometimes but I wouldn't even say they're mistakes. First he's caught out but it's a great reverse from Rooney and I think his positioning's fine. Second is deflected through a crowd of players at pace and in off the bottom of the post. This 'keeper's side' bollocks is bollocks, there's no way keepers can just leave one side for the wall to defend. It's as if he's supposed to just stand on his side for free kicks going to the other corner just in case Nasri does the can-can and deflects it to the opposite corner.

Not really having the Hart backlash, to be honest. He's not ****ing Superman but he's the best keeper in the league and it's not close.
    If that's the case why do keepers even stand on one side in the first place? The reason is fairly clear.

The first goal was probably the worse of the two though. You're right he's caught out but whose fault is that? If every keeper was caught out every time someone put it in the opposite corner every game would finish 5-5. Neither are 'mistakes' as such but they're both piss poor goalkeeping.

Hart isn't close to being the best keeper in the league. I don't really get you with goalkeepers tbh, Hart has made at least as many high profile errors as De Gea in the last year (might even be more tbh, though he has played more games as well tbf) yet De Gea is League One and Hart is the best keeper in the league?

If that's the case why do keepers even stand on one side in the first place? The reason is fairly clear.
    I'm aware of why there's a wall but let's not oversimplify. The optimal position doesn't give him a 100% chance of saving a shot on that side and a 0% chance of saving a shot on the other side. Of course he shouldn't be conceding many on his side but when it's going into the opposite corner before taking a deflection off a stray leg in the wall I think we'll make an exception.

I don't remember hearing any of this criticism when De Gea let one in from Mata on that side. And that may just be the price you pay for saves like the one he made from Mata at 3-3 last season.

The first goal was probably the worse of the two though. You're right he's caught out but whose fault is that? If every keeper was caught out every time someone put it in the opposite corner every game would finish 5-5.
    Well no, because it gives Hart a great chance when Rooney smashes it into the other corner. As everyone in the ground was expecting him to, I think. There were two defenders blocking the shot into the corner where he scored; when he gets it past both of them, you probably just have to say well done. It's exactly the same intuition as you've used for the second.

They both boil down to the same thing- keeping is all about positioning and positioning is a percentage game. Hart's been beaten on his positioning twice today but, trying not to be results-oriented about it, I think both times his positioning was fine. The clear shot into the near corner looked far more of a threat for Rooney's first and you can't really account for what Nasri did for RVP's.

And I think his positioning's very good generally too. But if you don't agree I can't really argue, it's just a judgment I've made from watching him constantly bail Citeh out over the past 18 months. Keeping is really subjective.

Hart isn't close to being the best keeper in the league. I don't really get you with goalkeepers tbh, Hart has made at least as many high profile errors as De Gea in the last year (might even be more tbh, though he has played more games as well tbf) yet De Gea is League One and Hart is the best keeper in the league?
    I just think this is nonsense. De Gea's made far more outright mistakes, probably had a few more "maybe could have done better" moments, and far, far less world-class stops.

EDIT: Oh jesus, just clicked reply and saw a wall of text, I'm turning into Ikki. Balls.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 09-12-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Can't believe how stupid Clichy was to give away the ball in the position he was in to set United up for that free kick. I don't even care about Nasri, Clichy is a ****ing idiot and I'm so ****ing sick of watching his ******** ass float around the pitch like a piece of ****. Nutmegged and out of position on both of the first two goals as well. Get ****ed.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

That Everton game finished excitingly.

Not seen Moyes that pumped up since he scored twice at Maine Road.
    Last edited by flibbertyjibber; 09-12-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Thread Information