• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well, that'll have ramped up Theo's asking price a fair bit.

That last goal was absolutely exceptional. I take my hat off to him today.

Sign him up Arsene ffs.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that sounds like some game.

Went to Fulham v Swansea today, really decent game.

Bees winning streak at an end but will take the point, massive game against Bournemouth on new years day.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Have to sign Theo up now, have to. Someone else will pay him what he wants otherwise.

Best thing about today's game, of course, is that there's now no way Gervinho is getting back in the team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, thought we had a good chance of going back to the top on NYD, did not expect it to happen today at all. I keep saying it, but sheff u really aren't that good a side and I hope they stay down.

Massive games on new year's, with you lot at Bournemouth and Donny-Sheff U. Could be a good day for us tbh if we don't **** up away to Bury. One more win and our preseason target of survival is achieved (going off the usual 50 point target) but the transfer window is going to be massive, with a couple of our gun loan signings going back to their clubs.
(@Pothas)

Pothas

Yeah, thought we had a good chance of going back to the top on NYD, did not expect it to happen today at all. I keep saying it, but sheff u really aren't that good a side and I hope they stay down.

Massive games on new year's, with you lot at Bournemouth and Donny-Sheff U. Could be a good day for us tbh if we don't **** up away to Bury. One more win and our preseason target of survival is achieved (going off the usual 50 point target) but the transfer window is going to be massive, with a couple of our gun loan signings going back to their clubs.
(@Pothas)
You got a chance of keeping any?

We need to extend a couple but apart from that am very happy with the squad, just need to keep Forrester, even it it means losing him for free in the summer it will be worth it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We've got 5 on loan ATM

Jake Cassidy, who's been immense, is going back to Wolves who want to have a look at him. We have first refusal but they haven't been going great iirc, so I reckon he'll get a go there
Liam Palmer has been a rock in midfield. Strong suggestions we'll be extending that to the end of the season once the window opens
Ben Gibson from Boro looked set to stay the course but has been out for a month injured. Seems to be that once they know how long he's out for the situation will be reviewed - they were happy for us to keep him for the season before he got injured.
Michael O'Halloran from B****n has looked decent, Ronnie suggested we'd be looking to extend it. He was signed as a replacement for the injured Akpa Akpro (will be like a new signing when he returns) but I imagine the fact that Ronnie has suggested we'll be keeping him means he'll be playing him alongside JLAA in Cassidy's place.
Donervan Daniels from WBA was signed as CB cover when Gibson got injured but has been playing the last couple after the horror show at Swindon. I guess we might look I renew once we know what's happening with Gibson.

The key ones for me are the top three though, Akpa Akpro and Cassidy in particular had formed a great partnership and I would love to see it rekindle. O'Halloran is good though and we have young Cole Stockton who scored today, and while not quite on Cassidy's level he seems to have what it takes for this division.

Tl;dr - the whites are going up

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pretty frustrated with Liverpool, obviously. Rodgers keeps demanding consistency, but imo it's his system and lack of solidarity that halts any consistent results. Hope he can prove me wrong and/or adapt a bit.

Sturridge and Ince should be decent-for-the-money buys, but anything other than Top 6 come season end will just be embarrassing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Been a great first half of the season overall though (apart from the lack of defending... from any side), and generally a good time for football across the world. Loving it.

Walcott's final goal last night was incredible.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Welcome back and all that firstly. :)

Secondly: Rodgers is a clown; it really pains me to see such a great institution as Liverpool brought so low. It's like Liz Hurley shagging Shane Warne; he clearly doesn't have the credentials for the job from the outset, he'll make an arse of himself trying to prove he's up to it and it's always going to end badly.

Thirdly: yes, great work from Feo. Particularly impressive how he got up and scored after being scythed down twice, rather than having a cry and appealing for the pen. He's English, don't you know?!? :cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Really was a great goal. MOTD showed examples of Aguero staying on his feet in contrast to Bale's theatrics, but the Walcott goal would have worked just as well. Had every right to go down, in fact had he not done so well I'd probably criticise him for staying on his feet. Tremendous.

grecian

That is one of the most offensive things I've see written on a shirt, hope he get's a three-match ban.:devil2: