• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Agree that EL can't get away from the fact that it is lower value title than the CL...but I've watched the football this year and many matches were better than the CL ones if I'm being honest.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The fact that this year's final was contested between two teams that were jettisoned into the competition because they weren't good enough to progress in the Champions League surely doesn't help its image either.
That's the worst thing about it, IMHO. Just adds to albatross it carries around with it as the tournament for losers; it's like the Egg & Spoon Race of Yurp.

IIRC when we made the Wafer Cup final in 2000 (**** you, fat Dave!!! :@) the Arse and Galatasary were both similar demotees.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Money. I mean I know it has been like this for years but feels like it just getting even more depressingly obvious.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, it's becoming more of a case of who can out oil baron/super club one another these days.

At least neither of them are joining Man Utd or Chelsea though, I suppose.

Eds

International Debutant
Money. I mean I know it has been like this for years but feels like it just getting even more depressingly obvious.
Harsh on Lewandowski, no? Bayern are quite obviously the best club team in the world and he plays in one of the areas of the pitch where they arguably don't have a world class player, as good as Mandzukic is.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting how when only English clubs were backed by petro-chemical money Fatini was mentioning "financial doping" in his sleep. Now PSG & Monaco have the wedge to compete, not so much.

WAC he is.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting how when only English clubs were backed by petro-chemical money Fatini was mentioning "financial doping" in his sleep. Now PSG & Monaco have the wedge to compete, not so much.

WAC he is.
He's a cheese eating surrender monkey what do you expect?

Pothas

Congratulations Palace.

Can't really see any of the promoted sides adding much to the Premiership next year though, Holloway will do some fun press conferences but that is about it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hopefully Hull and Cardiff will go straight back down. Not fussed on Palace, but if I had to pick one I would like to stay up, I would pick them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Harsh on Lewandowski, no? Bayern are quite obviously the best club team in the world and he plays in one of the areas of the pitch where they arguably don't have a world class player, as good as Mandzukic is.
It's just ****ing annoying. Obviously Bayern are under no obligation to keep things competitive but signing the 2 best players from the one team that could challenge them at home and in Europe is just really annoying.

Pothas

Benitez confirmed as new Napoli manager then. Now we wait for the inevitable meeting with Chelsea in the Champions League next season.