• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Don't think it's quite that bad. Too much stuff is different in this case from how it was when Liverpool's era of dominance ended.

Not a fan of the appointment at all, that said.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't my first preference, but don't mind Moyes.

He won't have to make any changes to the management structure too plus Sir Alex rates him highly.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It struck me that none of the ex-Fergie players who have previously been mentioned as replacements are remotely in the frame nowadays - Keane, Hughes & Robson to name but three.

Kudos to Ferguson, anyway. We won't see his like again.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Sky reporting that an announcement on United's next manager will be made in next 48 hours so yeah, everything pointing to Moyes.

Bugger.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't believe "Mourinho or Moyes" is an actual debate. And they've gone with Moyes. You'd think "has vast experience of winning trophies" would be more important than "has similar accent".

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It struck me that none of the ex-Fergie players who have previously been mentioned as replacements are remotely in the frame nowadays - Keane, Hughes & Robson to name but three.
Probably because they're all ****.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Steve Bruce's nose has been put of out of joint because he wasn't considered.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Don't want Moyes at all, pretty worried about this.
It could be worse...Tony Pulis. :ph34r:

Really weird and historic day. Gotta give credit where its due, one of the greatest managers of all time and the greatest of any who stayed at any one club.

I can't believe "Mourinho or Moyes" is an actual debate. And they've gone with Moyes. You'd think "has vast experience of winning trophies" would be more important than "has similar accent".
Mourinho may not really be an option, as he's gone to Chelsea perhaps.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Gah, I'm watching the Sky Sports tributes and choking up. Reckon I could be in a bad way on Sunday. And the following Sunday.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It could be worse...Tony Pulis. :ph34r:

Really weird and historic day. Gotta give credit where its due, one of the greatest managers of all time and the greatest of any who stayed at any one club.

Mourinho may not really be an option, as he's gone to Chelsea perhaps.
East Stirling, St Mirren and Aberdeen may argue with that.

My tribute is this "**** off you miserable, whiny, despotic ****, hated you with a vengeance":)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Seems very strange to me to consider Moyes. Yes Man Utd will continue to be a great and strong club, but who the manager is has a lot to do in whether players are interested in the club or not. A lot of players would have come to Man Utd over the years because they want to be managed by a top manager like Sir Alex. Not sure the same would apply now if Moyes is appointed.

Back in 1986, Sir Alex was a pretty unknown wasn't he in terms of managerial experience? Aren't Giggs and Scholes going down the management route, so one of them might be considered in a few years for the job?

grecian

Seems very strange to me to consider Moyes. Yes Man Utd will continue to be a great and strong club, but who the manager is has a lot to do in whether players are interested in the club or not. A lot of players would have come to Man Utd over the years because they want to be managed by a top manager like Sir Alex. Not sure the same would apply now if Moyes is appointed.

Back in 1986, Sir Alex was a pretty unknown wasn't he in terms of managerial experience? Aren't Giggs and Scholes going down the management route, so one of them might be considered in a few years for the job?
He really did great things with Aberdeen, winning a European trophy when the secondary cups were pretty damn important was massive.

Hard to compare times really, British teams didn't really buy many top foreigners, the money was in Italy, so a world renowned name wasn't needed. More required was a person who could work in the British Isles.

Moyes is a shocking pick IMHO, but obviously I don't care anymore, because I don't hate man u anymore:)

Last edited:

grecian

If you stop hating Man U I won't believe in anything anymore
I feel it's getting in my way of my prime pursuit, despising the Cornish slime. When you get older you have to pace yourself.

There's just not enough Hate to spread around.

Last edited: