• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So apparently Jon Walters has been "the Championship's outstanding performer over the last three years"

Pulis obviously not been watching much Championship football.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just watching a bit of Werder Bremen v Sampdoria; really liking the look of this Aaron Hunt kid. Shame we couldn't have poached him. English mother, apparently. Clearly takes after his father tho as he's quick, two footed and runs with his head up.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yah, Canal+ reporting. Same place that broke the Chamakh story before anywhere else, apparently if they report it, it's already at 95%.
Solid buy IMO

Jarquis

Sign him when he's 10 :-O
He's awesome in air whenever I've seen him, was part of the Monaco side that made the CL Final, so has a bit of pedigree. Experienced as well, will bring a lot to the squad imo. Excellent backup, seeing as though Wenger has put a lot of faith in Koscielny

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, am largely in favour of this move. Should make a very competent addition. Now just need to get the Goalkeeper sorted and stop the rest of the team from being injured all of the time.

Jarquis

Yeah, a goalkeeper is a necessity. Whilst I'm backing the move for Squillaci, it smacks of Wenger.
For want of a better analogy, this deal is everything he wanted the Sylvestre deal to be. An experienced center half to add some depth and experience to the squad for a decent fee. Somebody who can be depended on etc etc, a real squad signing. Yet again, when we've gone looking for a player to fill a hole in our squad and we've bought somebody who's a fair enough signing, rather than buying real quality.
The only reason I can see for that is wenger sees Koscielny as Vermaelen2.0 in terms of taking the Premiership by storm.

Jarquis

Ah, should've picked up on it seeing as every third person is making the same joke on Twitter.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
From a City fan(just posting in case anyone wonders about their plans):

1. Joe Hart
2. Shay Given
3. Stuart Taylor
4. Micah Richards
5. Gareth Barry
6. Joleon Lescott
7. Wayne Bridge
8. Shaun Wright-Phillips
-----------------------------------------
9. Jerome Boateng
10. Kolo Toure
11. Pablo Zabaleta
12. David Silva
13. Michael Johnson
14. Patrick Vieria
15. Yaya Toure
16. Nigel de Jong
17. James Milner
18. Vincent Kompany
19. Emmaunel Adebayor
20. Jo
21. Robinho
22. Roque Santa Cruz
23. Carlos Tevez
24. Aleksandr Kolarov
25. Adam Johnson

Now even have room in our 25 for Jo and Michael Johnson. Caicedo is off to West Ham, just leaves a few young players like Etuhu and Vidal who'll need to find a club

No doubt clueless pundits and media will still say we need to sell 10 players.

duffer

A bit disappointed that one of Sevilla or Braga have to get eliminated here. Both really really fun teams to watch. That said I wish we were attempting to sign Fazio from them as opposed to Squillaci.

Craig

World Traveller
Just watching a bit of Werder Bremen v Sampdoria; really liking the look of this Aaron Hunt kid. Shame we couldn't have poached him. English mother, apparently. Clearly takes after his father tho as he's quick, two footed and runs with his head up.
Too bad cricket is not popular in Germany, otherwise he would of had no problems in pledging his allegiance to the 'old country'. Just like KP, Trott, etc (you know, South Africans that chose to play for England, I hope you lot try and get the analogy I'm trying to make).

Strange thing has happened, Genoa sign Kevin-Prince Boateng from Pompey, and then loan him straight to Milan, where after one season he could re-join Genoa or stay at Milan on a co-ownership. ****, things must be pretty bad at the red half of Milan if they need Genoa, a smaller club then them, to buy them players.

Last edited: