• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My mate said at half-time, "I love it when Liverpool don't qualify for the Champions League but whenever someone else does they just embarass themselves"

Although Spurts just scored
Haha, bit harsh on Everton. They got knocked out by a refereeing howler against eventual semi-finalists!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Left for work when Young Boys were 3 up. Just found out the result and it's gutting. Went in such a good mood today.

Really quite liking this Arsenal fanshares thing too. I'm so doing it.

Last edited:

grecian

Haha, why do you want to see Spurs do badly?
Umm, it's just very amusing surely, years of trying to get in the Champions League, and if they lost to Young Boys at the final hurdle, I would of laughed my ass off. I hate most Prem clubs TBH, and Spurs fans seem particularly deluded. Harry is also as bent as a three-bob-note, and seems to leave clubs bankrupt, as often as not. The hype over him because he's English is unreal.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Jenas to Juventus, WTF? :blink:
Should be a good move for him if he gets regular first team football, sadly indicative of how much Serie A has fallen in the last 10 years though.

One of the things that came out of the World Cup was the frustration that a lot of English players don't test themselves abroad. Jenas now has the opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, in one of the toughest leagues in Europe. Should emerge from the experience as a much, much better player for it.

Craig

World Traveller
Should be a good move for him if he gets regular first team football, sadly indicative of how much Serie A has fallen in the last 10 years though.

One of the things that came out of the World Cup was the frustration that a lot of English players don't test themselves abroad. Jenas now has the opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, in one of the toughest leagues in Europe. Should emerge from the experience as a much, much better player for it.
I should admit that I was being slight facetious since it was a report that surfaced from the Daily Mirror. But yeah, it would be nice to see some English players in Serie A for a change. There was speculation that Palermo would sign Anton Ferdinand, but Palermo scoffed at that one.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's surprising that Juventus, even in their current state, would want someone as useless as him.

duffer

FFS now Nasri is out for a ****ing month. I thought they were re-evaluating the ****ing backroom staff over the off season? Jesus christ, this **** couldnt get any more ridiculous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Given he was at Chelsea at the time, should have just said he'd heard JT was parked outside his house

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
FFS now Nasri is out for a ****ing month. I thought they were re-evaluating the ****ing backroom staff over the off season? Jesus christ, this **** couldnt get any more ridiculous.
Well, at least the next game should be a clear cut win, even with half the first team out we shouldn't fail to cash in on that one. Nasri out is a pain, but if Cesc is back in contention then it's perhaps not that much of a trouble. Rosicky looking like he's in good shape at the moment as well, so he could fill in nicely too.

duffer

More concerned with how many of our team are already out injured one game into the season. Can't afford to have another season like the last on that front.