• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Man Utd sell the revenue from shirt sales to Nike for a fixed fee. Other clubs do this as well. So if anyone was pushing him to be signed for merchandising it'd be Nike.

Signing a player, loaning him out to get him a work permit and then releasing him is a rubbish risk. Much easier to just buy a ready made player and bench him with a few minutes here and there.
Yeah, pretty sure Nike do not offer Man Utd any financial incentives as part of their relationship with them. Also, hardly a risk for the richest club in the world, will have brought in a load of interest and money from Asia irrespective or whether he ever played.

Craig

World Traveller
For those on here who follow the lower leagues in England (and will probably ring a bell for cpr), does anybody know what John Curtis is like as a player? He started off at Manchester United and was there when they did the Treble, before dropping down in the lower leagues and playing for clubs like Northampton, Wycombe etc.

I ask, since he will be the right back for Gold Coast United in the A-League.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think the fact that he's moving to Gold Coast United should be enough to tell you what sort of quality of player he is. :ph34r:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Seem to remember Dream Team bought in a crap Chinese player for shirt sales, actually played him, he was crap and the manager resigned.

Loaning him out and therefore having a good excuse to never ever play a crap player makes perfect sense.

Still, your unwillingness to bend on this issue is far less annoying than Ikki.
This has to constitute as trolling. The dolt can't get off my lap and doesn't even have the decency to argue a point.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's because your points are far too long-winded and repetitive.

Mentioning someone else who was being as repetitive as Roseboy isn't trolling, it's making a comparision.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Making a snarky remark/smiley continuously after my posts and then mentioning me in another discussion is just trying to get a rise out of me. It's a bitch-move. You're going to waste time posting bull**** and then act like you can't be assed making a point? If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore or don't reply.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This season's footy thread promises to be the worst ever if so far (and the other Prem-related threads) has been anything to go by.

Seriously, all jokes aside. This is one of the best threads in CW. Things getting debated in detail is fine but 90% of the thread readers/posters seem to be sick of all the bollocks in this thread lately. I'm not blaming anyone or singling anyone out just calling it as I see it.

Where's the love?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Arsenal now expected to sign Koscielny by the end of the week, possibly in the next 24 hours, for around £10m.

And Moratti has confirmed that United have made an approach for dear Wesley. So much about that makes no sense and just won't happen, but I'm going to allow myself an indulgent moment of hope. Ok, I'm done.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
For those on here who follow the lower leagues in England (and will probably ring a bell for cpr), does anybody know what John Curtis is like as a player? He started off at Manchester United and was there when they did the Treble, before dropping down in the lower leagues and playing for clubs like Northampton, Wycombe etc.

I ask, since he will be the right back for Gold Coast United in the A-League.
Curtis was a strange one - he was United's youth team captain and held up as one of the club's brightest prospects in the late '90s, being tipped as a near-certain future England international too, and then never quite kicked on. Played a few games, was in and out of the side for a couple of seasons and then gradually faded from first-team reckoning. We got decent money from Blackburn as I recall when we sold him but I've not really seen anything of him since he played a couple of games down the road for QPR a few years back.

cpr

International Coach
Yeah, pretty much above, trying to remember if he missed a chunk through injury, but i'm not sure he did. Was very highly rated as a youth though.

Matteh

Making a snarky remark/smiley continuously after my posts and then mentioning me in another discussion is just trying to get a rise out of me. It's a bitch-move. You're going to waste time posting bull**** and then act like you can't be assed making a point? If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore or don't reply.
Mainly in a vain hope you'd talk about something else itbt.

Pothas

This season's footy thread promises to be the worst ever if so far (and the other Prem-related threads) has been anything to go by.

Seriously, all jokes aside. This is one of the best threads in CW. Things getting debated in detail is fine but 90% of the thread readers/posters seem to be sick of all the bollocks in this thread lately. I'm not blaming anyone or singling anyone out just calling it as I see it.

Where's the love?
Its fine, there is always the division 3 thread.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bendtner is never going to be the next Van Basten, but he's underrated. He's better than Berbatov, atleast.
A very tenuous claim. Though I don't much rate Berbatov he at least has a reasonable enough record to speak of.

chalky

International Debutant
BBC Sport - Football - Barcelona fail to pay player wages for June

Maybe some good news for Arsenal in their quest to keep Cesc with the news that Barcelona failed to pay the players wages for June and have some financial problems.

Still can't get my around the statement from the new chairman that they are going to release 50 million euros + any transfers recieved for new signings yet can't pay the day to day bills :huh:

Looks like financial mismanagement in football isn't just restricted to England.