• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

cpr

International Coach
Owen Hargreaves is injured and will miss the start of the season

In other news

Craig

World Traveller
Udinese goalkeeper Samir Handanovic is the latest player linked to solve Arsenal's problems between the sticks.

Craig

World Traveller
Maybe that is why Arsenal are thinking about signing him (if skysports is to be believed). In other news, Mascherano will hand in a transfer request to Hodgson in the next 48 hours or so.

And getting back to Spanish football, Nadal has bought into Real Mallorca in an attempt to to help the club out financially. Although one must wonder how the **** they are £71.2m in debt.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still can't get my around the statement from the new chairman that they are going to release 50 million euros + any transfers recieved for new signings yet can't pay the day to day bills :huh:
First line of his statement- "liquidity problems". You can pay for new players in cash, but you can also pay for them in shares, or in the promise of future installments, or in other players. Or in property. You can pay a football club with anything, basically, so long as they agree to it. But you have to pay players their wages in cash, and there isn't a spare pile of cash lying around.

Calling this a financial management boob wouldn't do it justice, but it certainly doesn't mean Barca are going broke.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bordeaux are falling apart. Can't afford to keep Gourcruff and need to find a buyer. Could be intriguing.

Craig

World Traveller
This is a team that played in the Champions League Quarter Finals last season and won Ligue 1 the season before, what happened to the money? There has to be some serious auditing done.

Jarquis

For those that care, the supposed reason that Van Persie's squad number is pending is because he has asked to switch to the #10 shirt, but Arsenal have not granted it yet as there's still an offer on the table to Gallas.
Would prefer we kept Sol and signed someone like Mertesacker tbh. Gallas isn't the answer.

Schwarzer deal is set to go through as well. Hmmm.

Cesc Fabregas said:
All I can say is that this (World Cup victory) is for all the Arsenal players and fans, they are a world-class club, I am an Arsenal player and I am proud to be
WORLD CUP 2010: This one is for Arsenal! Cesc Fabregas dedicates Spain's triumph to club and its supporters | Mail Online
WAG.

Edit : Artur Boruc has just signed for Fiorentina. Could this actually be the year we go afte Frey?

/stupidlyoverexcitedaboutthisseason

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mertesacker is pretty iffy though tbh. Only advantage he would bring over Gallas is a bit of extra height. That said, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to his signing, I just don't think he is the answer either.

Also signing Frey is pretty much totally out of the question if Schwarzer is in the bag. One has to wonder what the future holds for Almunia and Fabianski if this deal does go through though, hopefully we'll get shot of the pair of them.

Jarquis

Mertesacker is pretty iffy though tbh. Only advantage he would bring over Gallas is a bit of extra height. That said, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to his signing, I just don't think he is the answer either.

Also signing Frey is pretty much totally out of the question if Schwarzer is in the bag. One has to wonder what the future holds for Almunia and Fabianski if this deal does go through though, hopefully we'll get shot of the pair of them.
Mertersacker wouldn't whinge like a baby, split the dressing room or generally be a ****. He's only 25 as well so age is on his side. One of the better, feasible options I'd have imagined.

Schwarzer is in the bag as far as personal terms and his medical go, but Fulham are holding out for £4m and originally we were stalling to look at Eduardo, hopefully now it's to enquire about Frey. God knows about Almunia and Fabianski, that'd mean Mannone on the bench, or we waste Szczesny there.

http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/world-...n-triumph-wearing-barcelona-shirt/link/47019/
****s the ****ing pair of them. Just **** off already. ****. ****. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C36LisjvNuA
That really as cheap as it ****ing comes.

Last edited: