• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great to have Ferdinand and Vidic back together. Both were immense tonight.

Solid enough performance but if Soldado had headed into an open net in the first half it would have looked a hell of a lot different.

vcs

Really comes in handy when you can keep clean sheets in away European games. Man Utd. have made an artform of sneaking games in this fashion.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really comes in handy when you can keep clean sheets in away European games. Man Utd. have made an artform of sneaking games in this fashion.
Probably comes equally in handy at any level of football played anywhere ever tbh.

Woodster

International Captain
Thought Utd were distinctly average tonight, but they did have some solidity at the back. They were wasteful in possession and carried little threat going forward, and apart from Berbatov's solo effort, you couldn't see where a goal was going to come from, but Hernandez took it very well.

Valencia to be fair looked the better side, and did look more penetrative, but still didn't carve out enough real openings to worry Van der Saar. Good sides win even when they don't play well. God that hurts coming from a Blue!

Uppercut

Thought Utd were distinctly average tonight, but they did have some solidity at the back. They were wasteful in possession and carried little threat going forward, and apart from Berbatov's solo effort, you couldn't see where a goal was going to come from, but Hernandez took it very well.

Valencia to be fair looked the better side, and did look more penetrative, but still didn't carve out enough real openings to worry Van der Saar. Good sides win even when they don't play well. God that hurts coming from a Blue!
It's been the story of pretty much every away Champions League game we've played for the past five years.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jack is so much better than Bentley it isn't funny. If Ramsey can come back fully recovered after his injury then things start to get really interesting. They're both excellent players already.

edti: Need to give Fabianski some props too. Hopefully he has got his confidence back now.
Indeed. Bentley is old fashioned right-winger with no pace. While Wilshire this seasons looks after intial thought of him being a left-winger, looks to have the tools to be a quality attacking mid-fielder.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed. Bentley is old fashioned right-winger with no pace. While Wilshire this seasons looks after intial thought of him being a left-winger, looks to have the tools to be a quality attacking mid-fielder.
Incredible creative ability and he works very very hard defensively. He's short but quite stocky and has enough strength for the centre. Much to love about this guy. He's played every game for us this season and been our best midfielder by far.

Still very raw though, makes the odd questionable pass and attempts a dragback or backheel in some odd scenarios but experience should take care of that.

grecian

Tbh, I think you are both giving a bit too much credence to TTBoys statement, Jack is in a totally different class to Bentley, and doesn't play in the same position at all.

A very exciting talent.

Last edited:

vcs

Josh McEachran and Wilshire have England's future midfield covered between them.

duffer

On an unrelated note, I really love watching Samuel Eto'o play. Just so awesome to see him back scoring big time.

Craig

World Traveller
Red Clive doing little to hide his Man Utd bias this evening. Decent result though if they can hang on. Having said that, I've not really seen any of Valencia for a while now, but blimey they really are a shadow of the teams they would put out back in the early 2000s.
I guess it what happens when you sell villa and Silva. Still have has a solid start in La Liga so far.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I guess it what happens when you sell villa and Silva. Still have has a solid start in La Liga so far.
My comment was more in reference to the Valencia side before Villa or Silva played for them itbt. But granted those sales didn't help their current situation.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Josh McEachran and Wilshire have England's future midfield covered between them.
Heard J Redknappp hyping him up on TV last weekend, but i have yet to see him play. But he is encouraging, given the lack of young ENG players that have come through Chelsea since Lampard/Terry.