• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure, but I can't see them being able to play Reid, White + Walker in the same forward line, so they might keep White as backup or trade him on.

He's never really been the answer to Hall that everyone's wanted, been up and down.

Might add that I obviously don't know for sure about Walker, like all things drafting/trading related it could fall over, but I know the Swans are very interested in him, and given that he all but wants out of Adelaide I think it's more than likely he'll be playing for the Swans next season.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure, but I can't see them being able to play Reid, White + Walker in the same forward line, so they might keep White as backup or trade him on.

He's never really been the answer to Hall that everyone's wanted, been up and down.

Might add that I obviously don't know for sure about Walker, like all things drafting/trading related it could fall over, but I know the Swans are very interested in him, and given that he all but wants out of Adelaide I think it's more than likely he'll be playing for the Swans next season.
I think the reason Walker bodes badly for White is that they're extremely similar players. Both strong overheard and very nimble but have never quite found the consistency they need.

Both could be **** hot players. Maybe the move would be good for both.

benchmark00

Not bad for 7 to keep Dennis and Bruce. Darcy is ok I guess but Brian Taylor has to be one of the poorer commentators in football. He gets away with lack of research so often on fox and MMM because they sell a funny product as well as the game, and his bravado mixed with the witty talents of a JB is often quite humorous. C7 tend to be more about the purity of the game, so other than a whole lot of magpie love, what does BT bring to the game for C7 viewers...?
Yeah good analysis there. If BT is forced to straighten up he'll be absolutely worthless.

howardj

International Coach
I must say, I doubt the wisdom of expanding the competition to 18 teams. For mine, you can't just consider expansion in isolation (i.e. we'd like another team in Location A, Location B etc). Rather it needs to be considered side-by-side with the quality of the compeition - is there enough talent to populate the extra teams. Having followed the game closely this year, I'd have to say that it's doubtful there is the cattle to go around. Fair dinkum, even before GWS coming in, some teams have been unwatchable this year - Port, Lions, Gold Coast, Richmond and at times the Crows and Demons. Now I realise that you will always have hidings and battlers, but I think we've about reached breaking point in terms of the talent there is to go around.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem is Richmond.

Not only with their own list, but the guys they delist after being Richmondified, who go on to play at other clubs and infect the rest of the competition. Look what happened the year Port picked up Jay Schulz - somehow, they got EVEN WORSE. St Kilda went from grand finalists to struggling to make the eight when they picked up Dean Polo. West Coast got the spoon after drafting Jarrad Oakley Nicholls and Andrew Raines took Brisbane from 6th to 13th in 2010.

benchmark00

The problem is Richmond.

Not only with their own list, but the guys they delist after being Richmondified, who go on to play at other clubs and infect the rest of the competition. Look what happened the year Port picked up Jay Schulz - somehow, they got EVEN WORSE. St Kilda went from grand finalists to struggling to make the eight when they picked up Dean Polo. West Coast got the spoon after drafting Jarrad Oakley Nicholls and Andrew Raines took Brisbane from 6th to 13th in 2010.
I don't like the bloke, but he's got a point.

cameeel

International Captain
St Kilda vs. Fremantle (Docklands)
Carlton vs. Melbourne (MCG)
Geelong vs. Gold Coast (Kardinia Park)
Essendon vs. Sydney (Docklands)
Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood (Football Park)
Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide (The Gabba)
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne (York Park)
West Coast vs. Richmond (Subiaco Oval)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round 20 Fixtures

I presume this is what Heef meant. Always an idea to take the original highlight tags off first, fella. :ph34r:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member

Redbacks

International Captain
Western Sydney has a population greater than Adelaide and a large proportion of its residents are miagrants whom it is hoped will pick AFL instead of the default posiiton of NRL. All codes have been salivating over this turf for years in the hope that first to market will pick up the supporters. The AFL will probably battle against the tribal following of NRL in NSW, but if they pick up 400,000 fans then it's already comparable to a Vic club, just without a decent history

Redbacks

International Captain
The problem is Richmond.

Crows took Tambling also...

howardj

International Coach

morgieb

The problem is Richmond.

:laugh:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Cassonbet Total Points Lines for Rd 20 (subject to weather):

St Kilda v Fremantle - 170
Carlton v Melb - 190.5
Geelong v Gold Coast - 203
Essendon v Sydney - 184.5
Port Adelaide v Collingwood - 188.5
Brisbane v Adelaide - 185
Hawks v Kangas - 178.5
West Coast v Richmond - 176.5