• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Resubmitted. I really was hedging my bets there, or expecting it to be a draw-fest this weekend.

Round 20 Fixtures

St Kilda vs. Fremantle (Docklands)
Carlton vs. Melbourne (MCG)
Geelong vs. Gold Coast (Kardinia Park)
Essendon vs. Sydney (Docklands)
Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood (Football Park)
Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide (The Gabba)
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne (York Park)
West Coast vs. Richmond (Subiaco Oval)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carlton vs. Melbourne (MCG)
Geelong vs. Gold Coast (Kardinia Park)
Essendon vs. Sydney (Docklands)
Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood (Football Park)
Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide (The Gabba)
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne (York Park)
West Coast vs. Richmond (Subiaco Oval)

Spikey

NDS has been a damn star since I traded him in. 6 tons out of 6 now.

also i'm on the saints bandwagon who's with me

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
List of things Chris Mayne does well:

1. Tackling; and
  2. Getting hurt early, but coming back to complete the game.
List of things Dylan Roberton does well:

Last edited:

Spikey

i dunno know. chris mayne seems to do getting hurt early but playing out the game pretty well

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I must say, I doubt the wisdom of expanding the competition to 18 teams. For mine, you can't just consider expansion in isolation (i.e. we'd like another team in Location A, Location B etc). Rather it needs to be considered side-by-side with the quality of the compeition - is there enough talent to populate the extra teams. Having followed the game closely this year, I'd have to say that it's doubtful there is the cattle to go around. Fair dinkum, even before GWS coming in, some teams have been unwatchable this year - Port, Lions, Gold Coast, Richmond and at times the Crows and Demons. Now I realise that you will always have hidings and battlers, but I think we've about reached breaking point in terms of the talent there is to go around.
Counter it with two points:

The teams that have been struggling over the past two years have had the cyclic nature of the system stuff them over, with compromised drafts. They aren't getting access to the good kids, or the high picks to try and trade in some quality.

Secondly, the success of a large number of players from the feeder competitions shows that there is enough quality footballers around, IMO.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Action-packed game at the 'G. Watts' goal was amazing.

Horrific injury to Strauss though, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play again.

Burgey

Another game where the Swans waste early dominance. Ridiculous. Should be playing Essendon off a break here.