• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Cheers, been listening to Zach Lowe's for a year as the best way of getting my fix, but will jump on board. Think Simmons depends on who he has on, when it's one of his "mates" he's rubbish, when it's someone with more knowledge than him that he's prepared to defer to, then he's alright.
Yeah Zach's is good as well but it's too sporadic for me, Dunc'd on is 5-6 days a week with fantastic analysis. Couldn't live without it at this point haha.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Ah cheers, I'm able to listen to pods at work, so might give that a run over the finals.
If you care about the minutiae of rosters and cap-space, you should go back a week or two and listen to the episodes where they start the off-season previews for positions and teams. Run down the players available at all positions and give tiers and in-depth analysis about what sort of money they think they'll get and where they fit, and the team previews give great insight into how certain cap provisions work and what sort of players teams should be looking at. Great analysis

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i am happy for the warriors but feel bad for durant, a great player and such a nice guy, he really deserves a ring, hope he gets a couple before his career ends...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alright, let's draw battle lines. I'm a Warrior for the rest of this season. I'm assuming Ikki and Johnners are Cavs, what about the rest of you guys?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Alright, let's draw battle lines. I'm a Warrior for the rest of this season. I'm assuming Ikki and Johnners are Cavs, what about the rest of you guys?
Difficult choice for me. On the one hand, if Cavs win I can be dismissive to dubs fans about 73-9. On the other hand, **** Lebron.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i live in the west, always want to see the western conference champion win the finals...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't really care. I would lean Warriors so people don't constantly bring up that they didn't win it all.

But I do think the Warriors will win, and pretty comfortably too. I know the Cavs have gotten better but their matchups earlier this year weren't close and the Cavs don't have a single big guy who can guard Steph and Klay on a switch.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
A double-team will nearly always force the ball out of his hands whereas 8/10 he'll either create a good shot for himself or someone else when he has a favourable matchup with a big man.

This all obviously depends in whether you actually double-team properly or half-assed.
Unless you have a 1st team all defensive guard like Avery Bradley, or Tony Allen, or Chris Paul to throw at him. A double team also means that someone with the capacty to rain 3s is wide open.

This is your reminder that the Thunder chose Serge Ibaka over James Harden.
How mch better would Harden have done on that play?

I like pace and space, so I am with Golden State for this series

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
that was the quite the team effort from golden state, wow! 7 players in double figures and curry and thompson combining for just 20! cleveland didn't know what hit them in that 4th quarter...