• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Said here that it would have been better it he had stayed. Almost every one year believed the opposite. It's far more difficult to build a new team than work on an established one as far as I am concerned. Also mentioned that he may not win the title with the Cavs after all.

In any case, OKC was the second strongest team this season for me. Westbrook playing like he did added to their strength.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So if the fully Healthy Cavs get blown out worse than the injury plagued LeBron plus role players of last season what does that tell us about NBA 'superstardom' and championships?
It doesn't say much about Kevin Love. I used to kind of like the guy at the T'Wolves, but the Warriors are just a horrible matchup for him. Cavs need to sign a couple of guys who can play well against GSW - I can't think of many players who do constantly, apart from Lillard.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's disingenuous to compare the current Warriors team to the team that played in the finals last year. They are significantly better, significantly more confident and have the experience of winning it all. If this current team played the Cavs from last year they would decimate them.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Imagine if Lebron hadn't left Miami. That Heat Big Three(assuming health) against this Warriors team
It's hard to say the team would have been the same + Lebron. Having said that I disagree that LeBron on the Heat would do better.. Wade isn't Wade anymore and Bosh is nowhere.

I couldn't have imagined how useless Love and Kyrie are in defence and helping LeBron score. Unless something dramatically changes in the next two games it's Warriors easy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
oi blokes who know what they're talking about

Is it right the Warriors are slight underdogs with bookies today?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I mean it makes sense in theory, first game at home for the Cavs who know if they don't win this game it is over.

But that said, I'd be betting the Warriors. The Cavs can't compete with them. Didn't they lose to the Warriors by 30 at home last time out?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the cavs are definitely more desperate though and that plus playing at home may be enough to just tip the scales tonight...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thanks chaps. Seems like odds were fairish in that warriors a huge chance but Cavs at home and needing to win etc. So roughly evenish.

Will stay away. Also should stay away since I don't know **** but that's never stopped me before.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There was a couple of close ones in the OKC-Spurs series that I'd forgotten about as well, still, most games have been ridiculously lopsided these playoffs. Hugely disappointing finals so far As well.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
What's the reason for this lopsidedness?
you'll hear all sorts of conspiracy theories about the NBA wanting to make the most money possible...put on your tin foil hat etc.

There is, however, a bit of a problem with home court refereeing. It's not massive but it can make the difference.