• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Even disregarding the fact that I think LeBron is a clearly superior player, I found his reason for ranking him below Kobe (ie) number of rings to be silly.
the number of rings is one of the biggest criteria used for determining greatness, it isn't considered as important in a team game like basketball as say majors in golf or tennis but 2 vs 5 is a significant difference. peak kobe would match up very well with peak lebron, both being outstanding two-way players at their best. i think lebron has had a more consistent career so far but then again, kobe has had more peaks as of right now (and i am talking personal peaks as well, not just rings)...i also think if lebron stays healthy for the next 5 years or so, he will definitely end up with a greater career than kobe but that again remains to be seen...

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Even when Klay and Curry have a bad game this team still has the pieces to win. GSW is uberstacked. I still think there's plenty to come from the Cavs though, we'll see.

4-0 possible.

BTW forget about LeBron>Jordan talk. If his rings stay at 2, Kobe>LeBron for sure.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
the number of rings is one of the biggest criteria used for determining greatness, it isn't considered as important in a team game like basketball as say majors in golf or tennis but 2 vs 5 is a significant difference. peak kobe would match up very well with peak lebron, both being outstanding two-way players at their best. i think lebron has had a more consistent career so far but then again, kobe has had more peaks as of right now (and i am talking personal peaks as well, not just rings)...i also think if lebron stays healthy for the next 5 years or so, he will definitely end up with a greater career than kobe but that again remains to be seen...
Yeah, good post. People forget how terrific Kobe was when he was at the top of his game. His discipline and dedication in his later rings were incredible.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Peak Kobe was a beast, but peak Lebron went five seasons in a row shooting above 50% from the field (with two seasons shooting ****ing 57%), while also boarding, assisting at an elite level and defending at All NBA Defensive First Team level. If never seen an all round animal like him.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Peak Kobe was a beast, but peak Lebron went five seasons in a row shooting above 50% from the field (with two seasons shooting ****ing 57%), while also boarding, assisting at an elite level and defending at All NBA Defensive First Team level. If never seen an all round animal like him.
LeBron is clearly a more complete player, who adds more to title winning TEAMS, than most players since Bird. Would peak Kobe have gotten the 07 Cavs into the finals?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yes that's what all the regular season mvps are for and why i said he has had a more consistently great career so far...but all those put together have only produced 2 rings so far...his first couple of finals, he actually went passive to the point of being a non-factor, in later finals, he changed and was definitely more aggressive and impactful...he has more upside than kobe to be sure but all i am saying is kobe > lebron at this stage of his career isn't as farfetched as some people seem to think...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
LeBron is clearly a more complete player, who adds more to title winning TEAMS, than most players since Bird. Would peak Kobe have gotten the 07 Cavs into the finals?
we can ask all kinds of hypothetical questions, would lebron have got his 2 rings without wade and bosh?:)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, good point duffer. We haven't really seen a player like Lebron. What Lebron does next 3-4 years will obviously play a part in adding to his legacy. If he wins this series v GS say, will boost it big time.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
LeBron surpased Kobe a few years ago. At this point he's top 5 or higher on what he does IMO. Lebron was an awesome enough player in his Rookie year to be at a HoF level as a teenager. From his 2nd season on he's been at 27-7-7 and thereabouts for most of his career. He's just not real. As someone else said, only player I can think of since Bird that could lift a team's prospects singlehandedly.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
and i think he is knocking on the doors of the top 15 and will be top 5 by the end of his career...we can agree to disagree...

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So if the fully Healthy Cavs get blown out worse than the injury plagued LeBron plus role players of last season what does that tell us about NBA 'superstardom' and championships?

duffer

Imagine if Lebron hadn't left Miami. That Heat Big Three(assuming health) against this Warriors team

duffer

Saying that, I haven't watched any of the Heat this season so I don't know what kind of matchups they'd have if he'd stayed.