• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope you swerved!

Its not an original point and why break habit of a lifetime etc...

But bloody hell UK boxing PPV undercards are absolute trash aren't they?

Then after a ****fest of an undercard they then waited around 50 mins for the main event.

It was what most expected, fun enough scrap between two lads absolutely washed up who wanted a final day.

I watched it through other methods, hopefully Brook has enough sense to jack it in also, money is made surely.
We got it “free” on Foxtel here in Oz

Khan is totally shot and has no business being in a ring again

Brook arguably has a bit more left & probably won’t be able to help himself

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There's a big bias to fighters of the last 30 years, IMHO.

Jimmy Wilde, Bob Fitzsimmons and, particularly, Ted "Kid" Lewis should all realistically be in any top ten.

Meanwhile what does Putin's little jaunt mean for Usyk? I'm guessing he's not going to be able to train at home for some little time.

Niall

International Coach
That is an absolute disgrace of a decision.

If Taylor does not give him a rematch then **** him.

Also forget about fighting Crawford, he'd be murdered.

Niall

International Coach
Disgusting decision. Done with boxing until tonight.

I had no money on this even though I do like Caterall and nope I don't care about Taylor's politics but I can't recall the last high profile type robbery in boxing as disgusting as that.

Taylor no interest in a rematch which I understand but nonetheless does not say much about his character.

Sky going ape**** here!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Honestly, I’m not really into fight sports these days for many reasons but the scoring is a big one. If I had my way in any such sport, if you didn’t land the victory in the allotted rounds then it’s a draw.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched the fight and far from the worst robbery that I have seen

Caterall probably won but not like it was a blowout

Taylor is a bigger name with more earning potential & that’s all she wrote

In other news, Taylor isn’t very good

He will earn some $ for the pleasure of being destroyed by Crawford and that will be the end of him as a contender

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It was the first boxing match I've watched in years and it just reminded me why I don't like boxing.

Couple of jabs each followed by 30 seconds of cuddling each other. Rubbish.

Niall

International Coach

He will earn some $ for the pleasure of being destroyed by Crawford and that will be the end of him as a contender

Anyway a day after the robbery, rewatching yes Catterall won , and it was a poor call but their was plenty of 10-9 rounds so its not the scandal that some are saying. Andre Ward also scored it to Taylor tbf.

Although.....

LOL

Niall

International Coach
Although Social not sure its fair to say Taylor isn't that good, Ohara Davies, Jose Ramirez and Regis Progaris are nice scalps for a pretty young career, Catterall is pretty good also tbf.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Although Social not sure its fair to say Taylor isn't that good, Ohara Davies, Jose Ramirez and Regis Progaris are nice scalps for a pretty young career, Catterall is pretty good also tbf.
Postol, fought Baranchyk when he was considered a killer, that was a great fight and also stopped Vazquez who then went onto beat Ritson and Davies and get jobbed on the cards. Big fan of Taylor the fighter, but he has issues out the ring. Don't like the trainer as well. Taylor under McGuigan would have stopped Ramirez.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Top Rank have no one at 147, Crawford is a free agent and suing them, and Taylor isn't Ricky Burns. He isn't popular. They wanted Ramirez to win.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wow. Check out the Jordan Gill knockout. Kid was on the way out, in real bad shape, stuck on the ropes and then turns out Guerfi's lights. Not seen that sort of hurt fighter knockout since Andy Lee put John Jackson to sleep.

Niall

International Coach
, but he has issues out the ring. Don't like the trainer as well. Taylor under McGuigan would have stopped Ramirez.
Is that just his vaccination views etc? They aren't great but a lot of combat people lean to the right tbf.

Niall

International Coach
Not sure what they're suggesting with this investigation, whether it be corruption or incompetence.

Josh Taylor-Jack Catterall: British Boxing Board of Control investigates scoring after split decision - BBC Sport

Pointless tbh.

Fury v Whyte in April confirmed and yet again Fury is chattering about retiring which won't happen if the Joshua fight can be made in the next 18 months.

On the fight itself Tyson stops him around 9 or 10. Whyte is ok and he can bang a bit , but their is levels to this.