• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pumped for this fight.

Although Porter is a worthy competitor against everyone, I think Spence will beat him and based on the styles might actually dominate him.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Great great fight.

Porter much better than I was expecting. Had it 6-6, with the knock down being the difference 114-113 to Spence.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Spence-Porter was fantastic, Porter made it into a proper scrap. That short left from Spence that put Porter down was such a sweet shot too, timed beautifully. Really enjoyable fight to watch.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That was pretty impressive from Canelo. I also don't agree that the scoring was biased; thought Canelo looked in control right from the first round.

Kovalev at this point was a poor man's Golovkin so not entirely surprising but still pretty impressive....one does wonder what drug testing was in place though...

I wonder if he'll fight Bivol and/or Beterbiev? Much more dangerous than Kovalev at this point.

He's probably more likely to drop back down to 168. He would absolutely murder Callum Smith. Billy Joe Saunders possibly a threat with his movement but I think he's regressed somewhat and is ripe for the picking. Could end in a brutal KO.

Good for Kovalev to get a nice payday at the end of his career. Should definitely retire now though.

Niall

International Coach
That was pretty impressive from Canelo. I also don't agree that the scoring was biased; thought Canelo looked in control right from the first round.

Kovalev at this point was a poor man's Golovkin so not entirely surprising but still pretty impressive....one does wonder what drug testing was in place though...

I wonder if he'll fight Bivol and/or Beterbiev? Much more dangerous than Kovalev at this point.

He's probably more likely to drop back down to 168. He would absolutely murder Callum Smith. Billy Joe Saunders possibly a threat with his movement but I think he's regressed somewhat and is ripe for the picking. Could end in a brutal KO.

Good for Kovalev to get a nice payday at the end of his career. Should definitely retire now though.

Never thought I would say this but would GGG not be the safer fight compared to Bivol or Beterbiev?

Its also for Saul the biggest money fight as I doubt the other 2 lads are exactly superstars with the general public.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looks as if Ruiz has been enjoying a few too many free lunches since he shocked Joshua. 20st 3lbs!! Over a stone over where he was last time.

Must be the heaviest a heavyweight champ has weighed? Oh, actually Valuev was about 7 feet tall, so he was likely heavier, but Ruiz looks a good foot shorter. Most massive BMI for a heavyweight world champ, anyway?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Looks as if Ruiz has been enjoying a few too many free lunches since he shocked Joshua. 20st 3lbs!! Over a stone over where he was last time.

Must be the heaviest a heavyweight champ has weighed? Oh, actually Valuev was about 7 feet tall, so he was likely heavier, but Ruiz looks a good foot shorter. Most massive BMI for a heavyweight world champ, anyway?
It's very disappointing isn't it?

He took a year off after the WBO title fight with Parker too, no doubt enjoying his newfound wealth.

He's a super talented boxer, and maybe he'll prove us wrong but it seems as though he doesn't truly want to win.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Povetkin and Hunter fight to a draw, although I thought Hunter did enough in the last couple of rounds to take it.

The main event's not far away.