• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shannan Taylor once approached me in a nightclub toilet and asked if I knew anyone he could get some cocaine off. This does not come as a surprise, sadly.
Did you send him to your bloke, or the fella down the road who needed the extra business?

It's a sad thing, seriously. He's had these problems a while hasn't he?

benchmark00

Did you send him to your bloke, or the fella down the road who needed the extra business?

It's a sad thing, seriously. He's had these problems a while hasn't he?
He didn't end up calling you??

Yeah, as long as I've lived here it's been common knowledge that he was always drugged up to his eyeballs. You could literally ask anyone from Wollongong what they know about Shannan Taylor and they will tell you something related to drugs.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Once saw him grab a chick by the throat outside st33lers and threaten to cave her skull in if she didn't leave right then.

Was itstl. It was after this function upstairs and there was this 25-chick all in brawl outside because one chicks boyfriend hit anothers and it was on like Donkey Kong.

benchmark00

Once saw him grab a chick by the throat outside st33lers and threaten to cave her skull in if she didn't leave right then.

Was itstl. It was after this function upstairs and there was this 25-chick all in brawl outside because one chicks boyfriend hit anothers and it was on like Donkey Kong.
You get phone numbers of chix?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Peterson champion on a split decision thanks to Khan getting 2 points deducted for pushing. Enjoyable fight, Khan had a great opening round but Peterson laid into him in rounds 3 and 7. This throws a spanner into Khan's hopes of moving up weight, presumably he would want a rematch and any talk of a fight against Mayweather must be put to bed.

Was following the excellent Kevin Mitchell’s build-up to this fight via the Guardian and boy Peterson has had some life.

Ryan19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Peterson champion on a split decision thanks to Khan getting 2 points deducted for pushing. Enjoyable fight, Khan had a great opening round but Peterson laid into him in rounds 3 and 7. This throws a spanner into Khan's hopes of moving up weight, presumably he would want a rematch and any talk of a fight against Mayweather must be put to bed.

Was following the excellent Kevin Mitchell’s build-up to this fight via the Guardian and boy Peterson has had some life.
Yeah great fight. I thought Peterson deserved the decision. Khan should not have had 2 points deducted but the ref did warn him continually. Definitely want to see a rematch. Some people are saying that could be FOTY.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A lazy Sunday trawling through boxrec.com and I was surprised to read, and then check out, that there has never been a Scottish British heavyweight champion.

There have been a number from Wales, the immigrant community is well represented (Bugner, Hide etc), N. Ireland has a former Champ and even my hometown (Doncaster) has two former British Heavyweight title holders. Yet nothing from Scotland.

EDIT-- I have just read, though I have not researched, from two different sources that not only has a Scot never been British Heavyweight Champion but no one from Scotland has ever fought for the British Heavyweight title. Something is wrong with this.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Froch joins Khan & Haye in the "ex-world champions" camp then. At least he can console himself that Ward does look very good indeed.

Been a pretty grim few months for British boxing, with the two Murrays, John & Martin, also coming up short in world fights. Although, by most accounts, the latter was properly stitched up to have his fight with Felix Sturm in Germany called as a draw.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
A lazy Sunday trawling through boxrec.com and I was surprised to read, and then check out, that there has never been a Scottish British heavyweight champion.

There have been a number from Wales, the immigrant community is well represented (Bugner, Hide etc), N. Ireland has a former Champ and even my hometown (Doncaster) has two former British Heavyweight title holders. Yet nothing from Scotland.

EDIT-- I have just read, though I have not researched, from two different sources that not only has a Scot never been British Heavyweight Champion but no one from Scotland has ever fought for the British Heavyweight title. Something is wrong with this.
Thinking mainly from a Glaswegian perspective but it wouldn't suprise me if Glasgow's gyms were churning out lots of smaller fighters.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Someone distracting the ref whilst his opponent hits him over the head with a sledgehammer would be real interference. He needs to man up ffs.