Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3927
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Horwill cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Horwill cleared.
    Didn't see that coming .....

Anyway, does anyone here not back Aus to win by 10+ points today?

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Amazing start by Lions, didn't see this coming. Aussies have had no answer so far.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Amazing start by Lions, didn't see this coming. Aussies have had no answer so far.
    Didn't last though - the Lions running out of steam after 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes this time.

Maybe they can find something to turn it back around again.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Gubbing and a half. Lollabies

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Wales smashing them here.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Australia were absolutely woeful

Thank **** we have seen the last of Deans as the ABs would have stuck 50 plus past us each match

The Wallabies really were useless to be frank weren't they. Their whole forward pack are just dreadful. And I loled completely when the Fox Sports commentators said Genia is the best player in world rugby right now. What a joke that is.

Well done Lions!

And........ you're getting SACKED IN THE MORNING ROBBIE! Just don't ever come anywhere near the All Blacks.
    Last edited by James; 06-07-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Gubbing and a half. Lollabies
    Wow - I had to pop out for the last 20 minutes and came back to this scoreline. Huge credit for how they came back after Aus were within 3 points. Gatland's post-match interview will be fun after the flack he's taken for team selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Horwill cleared.
    What a result for the Loins that was too.

His game management was just uber dire. Turned down five kickable pens first half. I mean, WTF?

Bloke's a complete non-entity. He can **** right off. Him and his scrum cap.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Brumby with the goods.
    ​63*

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Well we got pumped.

Frankly we were doomed since the selection of O'Connor at 10. He showed tonight he is a good winger with his running. Put him on the wing and let a ****ing real 10 run the game - have a pick of Cooper, Toomua, Foley, Lealiafano, Beale, Mako Vunipola - any of those lads would have got the backline moving better than JoC we just had no direction the entire series. jOC is a talent, but a 10 he is not.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

I didn't watch the game and can't really comment on Horwill's game. The crit may have been deserved but he isn't dire. He's a v good player who had a bad game. Looks like our fwds got smashed but they atleast showed some competition in the 1st 2 games. Maybe some reason to hope. Agree with the 5/8 selection and I'd like to see Toomua given a shot as I think we just get too much stupid with Cooper. Don't believe I even know Foley and Vunipola to give them a go. Hopefully we can send Deans to the same place as Arthur. Needed doing a while ago. I wonder why rugby is so wedded to failure? Congrats to the Lions but it was close eh? Better make sure next time and come back as the British, Irish and French Lions.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Game lost from the 1st knock on from the kick off which led to a try. You can't recover from that momentum. Australia playing catch up there on in.

Genia is the best in the world IMHO - he is the first name on a world XV team sheet and the gap between him and the next best 9 is considerable. But yes I was taken aback when they suggested that at first. Remember that Dan is just getting warmed up right now, and Ritchie is sitting out.

Sexton is a silky smooth 1st 5 and possibly the mis match of him vs JOC was the difference between the sides. Would love to see JOC at 12 if his tackling is good enough.

Lions forwards basically decided they had better step up giving the controversy over the back line and got good go forward most of the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Really! a try from the kick off. One of the many disappointments of Deans wasted tenure was his inability to get basic faults corrected. Secure their kick off and dare to compete for yours, throw the bloody ball in straight at the line out, learn to catch the blasted pill, how long before we become proficient at scrimmaging?, If you don't execute your basic skills then your opponents don't have to do much to beat you. Just wait for your own incompetence to sink you. These failures festered under Deans. He's been like a bad govt and its time we got rid of him.

Don't rate JOC. Not good enough for 5/8 and too small for any other backline possie. At best a bench player. I remember at the time he was weighing up his "options" as to whether he'd be an all black or wallaby. Apart from the sheer presumption he showed he was a bit of a country shopper. I'd like a player whose ambitious for his country. JOC is all about himself. Best thing is new coach could do is tell him no thanks; why don't you try your luck over the ditch.

Thread Information