• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C Discussion - Spain, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Croatia

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yerp, comfortably the best game so far as well imo.
Enjoyed them all except Germany-Portugal last night, and even then the last 20 was decent.

Undoubtedly won't enjoy tomorrow's 5pm game though, one way or another

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
England games are never for enjoying tbf.

Thought that was a fair result on the whole, fairly even game really.

Not a fan of the no striker tactic though. Think if you're going to do that you still need one of your players to have the primary role of "goalscorer", which Spain didn't seem to. Result was lots of nice passing and reasonable movement but Silva/Fabregas/Iniesta were just running all over the place with no main focal point of attack to play off. If Torres was actually still good these days he'd have wrapped it up for them, looked much more threatening once he came on.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Enjoyed them all except Germany-Portugal last night, and even then the last 20 was decent.

Undoubtedly won't enjoy tomorrow's 5pm game though, one way or another
I'll enjoy it because

a) it'll be the first match I properly watch
b) I'll be monumentally pissed

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wonder if by the end of the night you'll end up feeling monumentally pissed off tbh. Wouldn't rule it out.

grecian

Wonder if by the end of the night you'll end up feeling monumentally pissed off tbh. Wouldn't rule it out.
Don't think so actually, don't care enough about this England side, yet I can't bring myself not to support them, particularly against the French.

Pothas

England games are never for enjoying tbf.

Thought that was a fair result on the whole, fairly even game really.

Not a fan of the no striker tactic though. Think if you're going to do that you still need one of your players to have the primary role of "goalscorer", which Spain didn't seem to. Result was lots of nice passing and reasonable movement but Silva/Fabregas/Iniesta were just running all over the place with no main focal point of attack to play off. If Torres was actually still good these days he'd have wrapped it up for them, looked much more threatening once he came on.
Yeah but Fabregas took his chance so much better than Torres did any of his. I think the no striker tactic is fine with the way Spain play but as you say none of them are prolific, basically need Messi.

The introduction of Navas was just as important as bringing on Torres though, having a genuine wide player really helped.

Anyway thought it was an excellent game, by far the best in terms of quality we have had so far.

This next game certainly not going to match it, I know Ireland are generally likeable and all but for entertainments sake I hope they make an early exit

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fantastic header.

Whoever the **** in the crowd with the whistle is needs a punch in the chops.