• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
What a great series, we were genuinley competitive and could well have won against a side that was clearly lightyears ahead of us only 6 months ago. Ultimately they were still too good though. Virat did a Virat.

Still, huge progress being made. The batting is certainly taking shape with Lewis being the only question mark. I'd be tempted to give Ambris or King a run instead.

Our bowling still needs work. I don't see what Pierre adds and I'm starting to worry about Holder, he's not really giving us as much as he should in this format.

Btw Pooran is just an amazing player. It's hard to understate just how good he is. I'd have him in the test side pronto, that's a once in a generation talent right there.

For India Saini looks the business. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Shady Slim

International Coach
far out what a series, really enjoying this youth injection for the windies... i think the selectors for the past few years have finally cracked the balance between giving young guys a go but sprinkling in the pollard, gayle, russell, etc, mercenary crew, but at the right time rather than just booking in their spots tbh... really liking the youth there a lot of future promise

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man it will be funny to see Pooran Dowrich and Hope in the test side. If Pooran is a reallly good keeper, can he become the all format keeper for the Windies? Or at least just a white ball keeper?

Beamer

Man it will be funny to see Pooran Dowrich and Hope in the test side. If Pooran is a reallly good keeper, can he become the all format keeper for the Windies? Or at least just a white ball keeper?
I think they are all much of a muchness in keeping tbh. So keepers getting injured is unlikely to cause us problems anytime soon!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Very fun series. What happened to India's spinners winning the game during the middle overs?! Thank god for our new influx of quality pace bowling such as Shami (I know not that new) and Saini.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very fun series. What happened to India's spinners winning the game during the middle overs?!Thank god for our new influx of quality pace bowling such as Shami (I know not that new) and Saini.
That's so outdated. I like this version of India's bowling.
Horses for courses, I'd guess.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That's so outdated. I like this version of India's bowling.
Horses for courses, I'd guess.
Yes - I'm a fast bowling fan at heart and I love how many 140kph bowlers there are (we regard Thakur as a medium-pacer whereas in 2006 he would have been regarded as the fast bowling hope along with Munaf and VRV Singh). I just miss the days when we're defending 350, the opposition is 80/1 off 10 and you just know it is a comfortable India win because of the 20 overs for 4/80 that are about to be bowled.

Beamer

I'd also say that one of the strengths of the Windies batting unit in ODI's is the hitting of spin. Hetmeyer, Pooran and Pollard are all monsterous hitters of spin, so India and Afghanistan's spinners were not that effective.

It's amusing/scary that we are now so much better at playing spin than pace IMHO.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, but Hety grew up on spin wickets, that's why he's so destructive against it. The Young Warriors Cricket Club pitch is a spinning wicket... He's from my county: Berbice.

Compared to another guy who grew up on spin wickets at the Unity Cricket Club, on the East Coast of Demerara.