• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India 2019

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Such a cruel game. Top edged pull barely makes it for six. Couple of metres made it an awful over for Cottrell.

Daemon

I've never enjoyed a bilateral limited over series this much in ages. Brilliant stuff and Windies did pretty well to push India to the brink. Pollard's a superb captain I think.

SillyCowCorner1

Looking at the development of young players from the start of the year to now has revealed some 'growth', but there's always room for improvement:

Pooran
Hetmyer
Paul
Joseph
+
+
+
Cotterell

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gonna throw it out there.. Is Jadeja ready to bat at 5 in this ODI side? I don't think Pant enjoys batting that high and having to construct an innings, especially in a chase, but Jaddu also takes time to warm up to his innings. Promising signs today nevertheless...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ridiculous #Kohlistats here.. Out of 15 or so innings when he has batted chasing 300+, there is a 0 and an 8. Otherwise, his lowest score in such games is today's 85. 12 100s when chasing 300+ totals out of 15 attempts. SMH. Unbelievable.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I guess looking at it one way, when India are chasing 300+ it does mean it's more likely to be a game with a flat pitch or small boundaries... but not by that much, and even if it did it doesn't give him the right to hit twelve tons and an 85 in 15 games, particularly not against teams strong enough overall to have just posted 300 (ie. he's not doing it against Oman). That's just absolutely nuts.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ridiculous #Kohlistats here.. Out of 15 or so innings when he has batted chasing 300+, there is a 0 and an 8. Otherwise, his lowest score in such games is today's 85. 12 100s when chasing 300+ totals out of 15 attempts. SMH. Unbelievable.
I think I know which are those 2 games he got 0 and 8 :(

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I guess looking at it one way, when India are chasing 300+ it does mean it's more likely to be a game with a flat pitch or small boundaries... but not by that much, and even if it did it doesn't give him the right to hit twelve tons and an 85 in 15 games, particularly not against teams strong enough overall to have just posted 300 (ie. he's not doing it against Oman). That's just absolutely nuts.

Have to correct it. Its 10 games (7 100s in 10 games is still friggin unbelievable) and it does not seem right as it excludes the 2017 CT game. I am assuming it is only bilateral series they are talking about. Apologies for the wrong data. Cricbuzz hindi have not done their due research I guess.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
cricinfo said:
141.85 - Virat Kohli's average in successful chases of 300-plus targets. India have had 10 such chases in the last 10 years and Kohli has scored 993 runs in those games, with seven centuries and a fifty (85 in this game).
Average in wins once again. Non sense stat.