• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World XI in Pakistan

Xuhaib

International Coach
so many big name Saffers I have a feeling South Africa is expecting Pakistan to return this favor by playing the boxing day test.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How long till NZ players do what the WI ones have done and just do what they want due to an inept board and walk away to make money?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
so many big name Saffers I have a feeling South Africa is expecting Pakistan to return this favor by playing the boxing day test.
I really ****ing hope so

But yeah I'm just really really happy about this tour.. I cannot respect these guys enough. Faf will have a lifelong fan in me

Last edited:

Firebreaker

Banned
This could make or break international cricket in Pak.PCB and government needs to be vigilant and make sure not even a single incident happens

SeamUp

International Coach
Whilst Sharjah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are nice hosts and deserve top level cricket I also do miss the Pakistan tours.

Like most have said, I hope this is the first steps back to more international cricket in Pakistan.

2 of our test tours to Pakistan stand out in my memory. Pretty sure we had some nice triangulars there too.

Firebreaker

Banned
Whilst Sharjah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are nice hosts and deserve top level cricket I also do miss the Pakistan tours.

Like most have said, I hope this is the first steps back to more international cricket in Pakistan.

2 of our test tours to Pakistan stand out in my memory. Pretty sure we had some nice triangulars there too.
I went to few matches in 2007 tour and there was no security concern at that time but now it takes almost 2 hours for me to reach stadium even though i live few steps away

SeamUp

International Coach
I went to few matches in 2007 tour and there was no security concern at that time but now it takes almost 2 hours for me to reach stadium even though i live few steps away
It was one of the last tours wasn't it ? Sri Lanka came after ?

It was a very important win for the team. It was the start of the 'away dynasty' that Arthur and core Sa players started.

But the late 90s series just for the names, controversy, Pat Symcox scoring a test 100 after Mushy's ball going between the stumps. Shaun Pollock's bowling was up there with some of the best. That series stands out most for me.

Firebreaker

Banned
It was one of the last tours wasn't it ? Sri Lanka came after ?

It was a very important win for the team. It was the start of the 'away dynasty' that Arthur and core Sa players started.

But the late 90s series just for the names, controversy, Pat Symcox scoring a test 100 after Mushy's ball going between the stumps. Shaun Pollock's bowling was up there with some of the best. That series stands out most for me.
Few minnows like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh came after and yes also hosted Asia Cup in 2008.Pak was also going to host ICC CT 2008 but due to security threats we couldn't and that was shifted to SA and after that SL came

Firebreaker

Banned
I have some memories from that 2007 tour as well apart from watching games.I was in Nandos and SA team came there and Boucher shaked my hand.I was always an aspiring wicketkeeper so he was an inspiration for me.Players like Graeme Smith and AB were also there

Firebreaker

Banned
World XI have reached Lahore.Nervy times ahead

As I am a UAE citizen,I like cricket being played there but its not really good for watching on TV when there is nil crowd

YorksLanka

International Debutant
hope it goes safely as SL are due to alos play another T20 there at the end of the series with Pakistan..Pakistan needs cricket to be there in front of their home fans..