• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Compton

International Debutant
Someone started tweeting the England team complaining that only 81 of the 90 overs was bowled then Alex Hales refunded him £4.10 :laugh:

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Hales is a good lad. The current team do in general seem to be very good with the fans at the ground.

Also

Happy 60ao day everybody!

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sky seem to be writing Steyn off, Odd. Then go and pick Morkel....no mention of Broad at all.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Someone started tweeting the England team complaining that only 81 of the 90 overs was bowled then Alex Hales refunded him £4.10 :laugh:
Should have tweeted the umpires then, in summer in England there's no reason why you can't continue playing past 8pm.

It's yet another one of those stupid cricket rules. Short on overs, light is absolutely fine, go off anyway.

91Jmay

International Coach
Cook
Warner
Root
Kohli
Smith
Ab DeVilliers
Ben Stokes
Ravi Ashwin
Yasir Shah
Anderson
Starc

Morkel 12th man

Odd side.

Gnske

Cook
Warner
Root
Kohli
Smith
Ab DeVilliers
Ben Stokes
Ravi Ashwin
Yasir Shah
Anderson
Starc

Morkel 12th man

Odd side.
That's Sky's World XI?

Well thankfully their opinion is wrong and opinions are like arseholes, Neil Patrick Harris has seen them all.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cook
Warner
Root
Kohli
Smith
Ab DeVilliers
Ben Stokes
Ravi Ashwin
Yasir Shah
Anderson
Starc

Morkel 12th man

Odd side.
To play the CWPL best of the rest XI:

Burns
Vijay
Williamson
Amla
Mathews
Rahane
Bairstow+ (or de Kock)
Jadeja
Broad
Philander
Steyn

grecian

Kohli doesn't really deserve it for Tests yet, not sure I'd play Stokes, and Broad over Morkel every day, Starc also very hit-and-miss so far, Steyn still deserves it for me.

my 12,

Cook
Warner
Amla
Smith
Root
Williamson
DeVilliers
Shah
Ashwin
Broad
Anderson
Steyn

Last edited:

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Should have tweeted the umpires then, in summer in England there's no reason why you can't continue playing past 8pm.

It's yet another one of those stupid cricket rules. Short on overs, light is absolutely fine, go off anyway.
That's the TV companies doing. Which is ironic because the commentators are first to moan about the fans being short changed.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
When did Steyn last play a Test though?

Not denying he's probably still the best quick in the world (and the reason I say 'probably' is because I don't think you can 100% say that with confidence about a bowler in his 30s who hasn't played for a year IIRC and who's had recent injury woes, regardless of how good his record is) but it really depends how strict your definition of current is. Starc was trending upwards in England last year, excellent against New Zealand and seems to be the only Aussie enhancing his reputation in Sri Lanka currently.

Last edited:

Pothas

Yeah I don't mind them not picking him (although I would) it was just the way they were talking about him.

Morkel over Broad is obviously way more ridiculous.