• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zaheer Khan announces international retirement

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Did a bang up job leading Pakistan to victory in the 2009 T20 WC. Really fine batsman to boot. Will miss him.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Read his retirement statement? Its a ****ing essay.

WAG though, he and Sachin peaking at the same time pretty much why India got to #1 in tests and won the World Cup (along with Yuviiiiiiiiiii).
Laxman too (for #1)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah 2011 England was supposed to be when he was going to bowl us to a famous overseas series win. After he broke down it all just fell apart for India for a few years.
Haha ya and his first spell was superb too, till it lasted

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Seriously great bowler. Still remember his knuckle ball to bowl Strauss in that tie and Hussey in the quarters. WAFG :)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Great bowler on his day.

Exhibit B in "don't judge a guy purely on his stats" Statistically the worst bowler ever to have taken as many wickets as he has, but we know how brilliant he was. Shame he'd never heard of a gym.

smash84

The Tiger King
was pretty good to watch when on song.

Had serious fitness issues though and with a little more hardwork on that front should have achieved much much more

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah and Sehwag and Gambhir too, basically every batsman except for Dravid was in form.

Then Dravid became awesome again during the England tour and we sucked.

Bloody Dravid.
Dravid was alright in 2009 and 10.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid was alright in 2009 and 10.

Yeah 07-08 was more quiet for Dravid.. But I remember in 09 there was a lot of talk about his form as well before he scored a 177 against Sri Lanka.

year 2007 10 19 2 606 129 35.64 1 3
year 2008 15 28 2 805 136 30.96 2 4
year 2009 6 10 1 747 177 83.00 2 5
year 2010 12 20 2 771 191 42.83 3 1

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I was thinking 07-08, Dravid was on his way back up from 2009, I stand corrected.

I'll never forget SirBloodyIdiot on here calling Dravid's career over during the Aus tour of India in 2008, and saying his legacy was also shot because of how crap he became. :ph34r:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think 08-09 Dravid was a lot like 04 Tendulkar, in that they got plenty of runs and their stats look nice but they weren't even close to top form and needed a flat pitch/weak attack to really cash in and pump their averages.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah agree. He was shot in 08 wasn't he? Really sucked vs. Aus in India. But he did look on the mend in 09-10 but you wouldn't say he had the influence on India's rise that Sachin, Laxman, Gambhir and Sehwag had (in that order imo).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I was thinking 07-08, Dravid was on his way back up from 2009, I stand corrected.

I'll never forget SirBloodyIdiot on here calling Dravid's career over during the Aus tour of India in 2008, and saying his legacy was also shot because of how crap he became. :ph34r:
Reminds me of some **** who was constantly dissing Alastair Cook not so long back