• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Sri Lanka 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Roach has seemingly bowled pretty well as usual. Now for him to get injured and West indies to get dicked in the remainder of the series.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't even know he was allowed to bowl? Wasn't he banned? Or was it just his quicker delivery or something stupid like that?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
wow , this rr is ridiculously slow..Thrri still there:unsure:..hopefully he will come thru his purple patch in this game..

YorksLanka

International Debutant
@ajdude:he is a good player, BUT he is having a shocker at the moment ( as all batsmen do at some stage) - as I have said before, I hope that he gets dropped in order to get some runs under his belt in the a team so that he can return with more confidence..

YorksLanka

International Debutant
good ton from Dimuth, keep going lad..we have been fortunate that Windies fielding has helped but we take the luck when we get it..

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Immediate close of play thoughts are:

We actually bowled very well, particularly the seamers, on what was an absolute road. They were all very consistent in line and length.

Fielding was a big let down. You cannot drop two simple chances in conditions like these because they simply won't come about again.

Sri Lanka batted very solidly indeed. Whilst not featuring that much stunning strokeplay, I thought their defence was tight and their running between the wickets was 10 times better than ours will be.

If the rain stays away I fancy Sri Lanka to win because I do not fancy our batting lineup one bit. Kraigg may bat forever on this pitch but Samuels and Bravo might decide not to turn up, Ramdin has been very out of form and everyone else is a novice.

I'd also like to know which dodo decided that playing 4 seamers on this pitch would be a good idea? Spin is easily more effective at this venue, the stats say that very clearly so why on earth did they leave out the second spinner? My money is on Sir Clive Lloyd who is a selectorial dinosaur (this is not 1980 Clive!). Yet again something that is seemingly just common sense escapes our selectors. It is very frustrating being a West Indies fan.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pitch will only offer spin to Kaushal. Unlike Bishoo who is 75k ish, Kaushal will hit that 95k mark regularly. Quick spin would be difficult to play on this pitch.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Yes agree, Galle is flat for first couple of days and then as the pitch detiorates it will take spin..

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yup, Bravo by far the best player of spin in the Windies.

Didn't Bishoo use to bowl faster?