• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wrongful Droppings

Shady Slim

International Coach
players that have been dropped wrongfully when they didn't deserve it, with hindsight or not.

i feel that michael carberry was dudded last ashes, was one of the best in a horrendously beaten side.

i'm also going to put his name forth before anyone else does...

KP gets on my list too.

Last edited:

CzechMikey

Cricket Spectator
Every time that England's opener with Cook has been dropped was probably a mistake, it takes a while to get into test cricket.

Niall

International Coach
Fawad Alam is the obvious one.

All-round records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

3 tests, a 168 on his debut and two nothing tests binned every since with the red ball. I could be wrong here, but pretty sure he wasn't even opening in domestic cricket before his first knock.

He has been dropped pretty harshly many times in ODI cricket, last year, awesome asia cup and then a poor series against Australia and gone while Younis was doing **** all.

I will say a few months he was dropped after stinking it out against Bangla, for the first time this was the right call, he isn't needed in this current Pakistan team.

Not sure Toffee Umar deserved to be binned as well from pakistan test cricket either especially just before the trip to South Africa. A country where he had scored a double century in a few years ago. What made it worse they fast tracked Jamshed into that tour, a player with a decent but not amazing first class career,a player who hadn't played that much cricket even white ball cricket outside the SC, and was then asked to make his test debut in South Africa against a quality attack. They may as well have asked him to end world hunger as well, totally doomed he was.

Dire.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
How many more chances does Ronchi have? Not done much since smacking Lanka around before the world cup.
It is somewhat less about record and more about the roles that they can provide, with Ronchi probably a better pinch hitter at the end of the innings. I just think that at the time of his dropping, Watling was legitimately one of our best batsmen.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
nathan hauritz
the oval
on a bunsen
in favour of four seamers
in the ashes decider
which australia lost

i lol every time

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i agree with furball. 2 hundreds in his second test, and what was it, 2 tests into the ashes and he played far better than say, Lyth for example and they drop him. i was so mad i pretty much stopped watching cricket til he got recalled

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What about Slater in the '90s? wasn't that completley unjustified too? and his final dropping? perhaps more justified but i dunno i rated him so highly i couldnt believe it was happening as a kid. langer and hayden did a fine job tho