• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
From reading the article, the resistance comes across as having more to do with Amir's current behaviour and attitude than a general distaste with allowing tainted players back in (at least for Misbah and the selectors; Afridi may have a more stringent view)
Exactly. And that's my problem too. As horrible as his actions were 5 years ago, he has been punished and served his time. My problem is his behaviour now. And Misbah had in an interview in September said that he had no problem with these guys coming back in..but this time it seems to be Amir's behaviour now. He has made disparaging comments about players in the current team now, not to mention his spat with Faisal Iqbal. It's like he is not even trying to make things easier for himself.

Burner

International Regular
Although I myself want to see Amir back in the team, I can really understand why the Pakistani players don't want him along. The reputation will always be there and they will have to cop it from different sources as long as he is on the team. Can't really expect other teams to not bring up the past on the field or even off the field. Why they should have to go through it when they did nothing wrong would be on the back of their minds.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah, as much as I think Hafeez is an ordinary cricketer and should be playing domestic cricket instead of international, gotta admire this from him
Really? He's consistently got the runs for you guys for a couple of years now. His century vs England in the last match was top quality as well. He might well be a bunny when they travel abroad but you're underrating him massively.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hafeez has reason to be pissed off with them. These days he has to have a meeting with the anti-corruption people every time he runs someone out.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha ya they won't even let him keep running out his teammates in peace. He must envy Inzy for the good old days.