• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2014

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
was he called in the ipl?

Repeat

was sunil narine called during the ipl season?

No, but he is banned from playing in future editions of the event until his action is deemed clean by the BCCI.

So the WICB 'hurting' the BCCI by banning Narine's participation (assuming they can convince Narine to follow that decision) cannot possibly actually cause harm to the BCCI, given they've already banned the bloke anyway.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hobart Hurricanes v KKR, semi-final, CLT20, Hyderabad : Sunil Narine banned from bowling in CLT20 final | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 | ESPN Cricinfo

The bowling ban will not affect his West Indies duties, though - it is confined only to the Champions League T20 and other BCCI-organised tournaments, including the IPL.
Let me give you another analogy...Steven Gerrard gets yellow carded in the FA cup for diving. So does that mean everything he's done in the premiership should be written off because of what happened in the FA cup? both are ran by the FA!!..but it's two different competitions.

He wasn't called in the damn ipl so his achievements in that comp should not in anyway be linked to the champions league fiasco.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Seriously WW, I do feel sorry for you and other WI supporters. If this was happening to NZ Cricket I'd be at my wits end myself. But I seriously think you should leave the forum for a few days until you've calmed down and had time to take stock.
Don't be condescending. I'll tell you like i tell others..don't like my posts? please put me on ignore. Because quite frankly you've been disrespectful at times of late and like i said i'm not tolerating the personal gibes anymore. Take it or leave it...i really don't care.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
No, but he is banned from playing in future editions of the event until his action is deemed clean by the BCCI.

So the WICB 'hurting' the BCCI by banning Narine's participation (assuming they can convince Narine to follow that decision) cannot possibly actually cause harm to the BCCI, given they've already banned the bloke anyway.
Thanks for answering...as clearly the others were too busy trying to throw darts to just give a simple answer 8-) ..So he wasn't called in the ipl so therefore his achievements in the ipl shouldn't be questioned right? that's all i was saying but of course my detractors refused to comprehend and instead chose to score points.

As for Narine..they screwed him over already Dan...i know people close to Sunny and he's feeling very bitter apparently!!..he's actually one of those who i think the board can work with as i think he'll be keen to get his international career back on track before anything else..starting with the world cup. Right now he's said to be working on his action with Saqlain so hopefully things will be sorted out.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks for answering...as clearly the others were too busy trying to throw darts to just give a simple answer 8-) ..So he wasn't called in the ipl so therefore his achievements in the ipl shouldn't be questioned right? that's all i was saying but of course my detractors refused to comprehend and instead chose to score points.

As for Narine..they screwed him over already Dan...i know people close to Sunny and he's feeling very bitter apparently!!..he's actually one of those who i think the board can work with as i think he'll be keen to get his international career back on track before anything else..starting with the world cup. Right now he's said to be working on his action with Saqlain so hopefully things will be sorted out.
Yeah tbf to you everybody has been missing the point you've made there -- even if, IMO, the argument following that point is completely misguided.

Everything you said there is all well and good, but given the ICC banned him, isn't that a pretty clear message that they believe the Champions League (and IPL) aren't going to be adversely affected if Narine stopped being a part of it? Logically, that suggests that the IPL isn't suddenly going to stop being a cash cow if Andre Russell doesn't show back up either; if they're willing to ban (arguably) the best bowler in the competition, then losing a bit-part all-rounder who is useful in the format, but can easily be replaced by Ben Cutting is hardly going to register concern with the BCCI.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't be condescending. I'll tell you like i tell others..don't like my posts? please put me on ignore. Because quite frankly you've been disrespectful at times of late and like i said i'm not tolerating the personal gibes anymore. Take it or leave it...i really don't care.
...I have no words.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's your opinion...i don't believe the big bash is better than ours at the current time. Plus like i said we've got talent from all over the globe..SA, Pakistan, Bang, SL etc!!..players left in the cold by the likes of IPL and these players play with a determination and spirit that creates good matches.

Pieterson
Philander
Sangakara
Ross Taylor
Shakib
Murali
Hafeez

All those play in the CPL..quality players.
Sangakara and Murali can play in the IPL can't they? Even is they couldn't, the CPL featuring no Indians is a bigger loss than the IPL without anyone from the West Indies.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeah tbf to you everybody has been missing the point you've made there -- even if, IMO, the argument following that point is completely misguided.
We've had our differences in the past but let me say thank you!!..i hope the mods have taken note of this childish behaviour being thrown my way..they tried to make out like i was some kind of "mad person"..but like i said they have comprehension issues...especially the troll above who can't stop quoting my posts.

Everything you said there is all well and good, but given the ICC banned him, isn't that a pretty clear message that they believe the Champions League (and IPL) aren't going to be adversely affected if Narine stopped being a part of it? Logically, that suggests that the IPL isn't suddenly going to stop being a cash cow if Andre Russell doesn't show back up either; if they're willing to ban (arguably) the best bowler in the competition, then losing a bit-part all-rounder who is useful in the format, but can easily be replaced by Ben Cutting is hardly going to register concern with the BCCI.
I think you mean he was banned from the bcci right? as he has been banned from the icc in his career. But anyway concerning the ipl...many indian fans on their forums speculated that the BCCI link to the CSK ownership may have played a role in why Narine was a target...but i digress.

Maybe they are just arrogent enough to think he will come running back Dan? who knows..the fact is the Caribbean is one of the leading cricket nations when it comes to producing T20 talent..right now the BCCI's actions are leaving a bad taste in many west indians mouths..and if the relationship is forever soured then of course the board will do all it can to guide our youngsters away from that sideshow.

Russell
Smith
Dwayne Bravo
Pollard
Sammy

may not have an international career soon...so tbh the IPL will be welcome to them. The real news will be whether the board decide to keep their contracts ticking over and don't give them the noc.

cnerd123

likes this
Dan is such a sweetheart.

None of us missed WW's point, we are just all surprised that he would go on and on about how the IPL would miss Narine, but completely overlooks the fact that Narine is banned from the IPL anyways. Similarly he feels that somehow the WICB has the ability to ban Pollar, Gayle etc from playing the IPL, or that these guys will somehow overlook million dollar contracts to play for a lot less money, in weaker leagues, for a board and administration that treats them poorly. He also overlooks how Narine and Gayle have already picked IPL over country in the past, and thus are likely to do so again. Not to mention he somehow feels these players are central to the IPLa success and are irreplaceable. Its just awful, bizarre, and frankly hilarious reasoning.

On top of that, he posts with an obnoxious and condescending attitude and threatens to report people who call him out on being an idiot. Just makes it that much funnier IMO.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've had our differences in the past but let me say thank you!!..i hope the mods have taken note of this childish behaviour being thrown my way..they tried to make out like i was some kind of "mad person"..but like i said they have comprehension issues...especially the troll above who can't stop quoting my posts.

I think you mean he was banned from the bcci right? as he has been banned from the icc in his career. But anyway concerning the ipl...many indian fans on their forums speculated that the BCCI link to the CSK ownership may have played a role in why Narine was a target...but i digress.

Maybe they are just arrogent enough to think he will come running back Dan? who knows..the fact is the Caribbean is one of the leading cricket nations when it comes to producing T20 talent..right now the BCCI's actions are leaving a bad taste in many west indians mouths..and if the relationship is forever soured then of course the board will do all it can to guide our youngsters away from that sideshow.

Russell
Smith
Dwayne Bravo
Pollard
Sammy
may not have an international career soon...so tbh the IPL will be welcome to them. The real news will be whether the board decide to keep their contracts ticking over and don't give them the noc.
If that's about me then please do one.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Dan is such a sweetheart.

None of us missed WW's point, we are just all surprised that he would go on and on about how the IPL would miss Narine, but completely overlooks the fact that Narine is banned from the IPL anyways. Similarly he feels that somehow the WICB has the ability to ban Pollar, Gayle etc from playing the IPL, or that these guys will somehow overlook million dollar contracts to play for a lot less money, in weaker leagues, for a board and administration that treats them poorly. He also overlooks how Narine and Gayle have already picked IPL over country in the past, and thus are likely to do so again. Not to mention he somehow feels these players are central to the IPLa success and are irreplaceable. Its just awful, bizarre, and frankly hilarious reasoning.

On top of that, he posts with an obnoxious and condescending attitude and threatens to report people who call him out on being an idiot. Just makes it that much funnier IMO.
1. you've been reported again for using personal gibes

2. if i'm causing you so much stress WHY DON'T YOU IGNORE ME? 8-) i'm giving you the perfect way out..just pretend i'm not here!!..i will not respond to your posts either!!..the deal is on the table and i hope you comprehend it this time.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I think he means me duffer. My unwavering admiration of his remarkable posting seems to be rubbing him the wrong way.

cnerd123

likes this
2. if i'm causing you some much stress WHY DON'T YOU IGNORE ME? 8-) i'm giving you the perfect way out..just pretend i'm not here!!..i will not respond to your posts either!!..the deal is on the table and i hope you comprehend it this time.
You dont cause me stress love. You make me laugh. I'd never ignore you. Maybe if you read my posts more closely you would understand that 8-) Smh